• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Impromptu tour

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Well, it's the weekend. :cheers:
Alan, Bonnie, lynn and I are planning a little tour
run tomorrow. Starting with a drive from the Upstate
to Brevard. Who knows where from there.
10ish departure. All are welcome to join us. I'm going
to bring the Gopro camera along so anyone wishing to get some video of their cars can attach it to THEIR car for a bit along the way. If you have a 2 Gig scan disc it would be a snap
to plug your disc in and you could take the disc with you.
A 2 gig disc is pretty cheap...about $15 or less.
I have a wide variety of attachment options so we can get
just about any perspective you'd desire.
Sorry it's short notice....it's an impromptu thingie.
Scenic drive and great shopping and eats along the way. :jester:

I'll be in the BE, Lynn in the B and Alan and Bonnie in the Cat.

Have fun, I'll be making MG engine magic tommorow, not quite as fun as mountain driving, but close :smile: So yall actually going all the way to Brevard this time :jester:

David, if you want booze, go up Main st. on 276, take the right turn off Main following 276, looks for Duggins Irish Pub on left, they just moved to a new building.

No booze, look for O.P Taylors Toy store on your left on Main street, then turn left, go down to the Soda Shop, it's like a step back into town, really cool, neat gift shop too, my favorite place in Brevard there another a place on main to your right as you come into town , it's good too, you'll know the joint, it has a wine shop made into fornt of it. Also remember if you like wine, continue past the 276 turn off and stay on 11, turn right at Aunt Sue's and go to Victoria's Vinyard, they have music and dinner at the vinyard one Saturday a month, we all need to go do that one time, it's nice up there, they have wine tatsing everyday now, even Sunday, cool place. I always get the folks at Victoria's going, I walk in the place and tell them, I'll, have whatever they have on tap :thirsty:

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
We like Bullwinkle's in Brevard. It's an Outfitters kind of place. I'm hankering for some fine German beer. :thirsty:
One day we need to start out early from Aunt Sue's. Eric
the owner is a friend and client. He'll do an incredible
private buffet breakfast for my friends even though they aren't open for breakfast. Just for us, ya know. I only like to
do it when my posse is about 10 or so. :cooler:
Might be something FBCC might like to do one day.
The Vinyard is very cool and is just down the road from Sue's joint.
Hap, you and I need to drop in on Scatterbrain's place...a.k.a. Bob's Place one day. Show 'em how we roll.

Gundy said:
Hap, you and I need to drop in on Scatterbrain's place...a.k.a. Bob's Place one day. Show 'em how we roll.

Hey, I'm sure Bob's Place can't show me anything I have not seen down here in Poe Mill before, heck I'm liable to scare them :devilgrin:

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Re: Impromptu tour...the movie

We shot some film. This is the link to Alan's
Caterham on Devil's Fork Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdFdzM41r6o

I found a nice Abenaki Nation medicine bag with a turtle shell
cover. :wink:

While waiting for Sleepy this '32 steel Hot Rod stopped by.
real old school. Caddy engine. He wanted to race the Cat to Pumpkintown. English hot rod vs American hot rod. Alan
declined. :jester:

Attachments

• 17869.jpg
    17869.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 17870.jpg
    17870.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 229

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

That is just super, what a neat ride.

toysrrus

Yoda

Gundy said:
We shot some film. This is the link to Alan's
Caterham on Devil's Fork Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdFdzM41r6o

I found a nice Abenaki Nation medicine bag with a turtle shell
cover. :wink:

While waiting for Sleepy this '32 steel Hot Rod stopped by.
real old school. Caddy engine. He wanted to race the Cat to Pumpkintown. English hot rod vs American hot rod. Alan
declined. :jester:

Hi There Gundy,

Where is Devils Fork Rd. relative to where I will be living? Man, That "Hot Rod" sure did look pretty neat! It almost looks like it was painted "BRG"!!

See Y`All real soon,

Regards, Russ

PS: Who was driving? I can`t tell "Who is Who"? You guys look like brothers from behind.

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker

Russ, Devils Fork is about 25 minutes from your new front door.
It's a short cut along River Falls Road....which is really a fun drive too. Growing up one of the curves on RFR was always called Dead Man's Curve. RFR has just been freshly paved.
Our Land Cruiser Club,Upstate Cruisers keeps RFR clean.
We're be doing the cleaning again this afternoon.
I was riding shotgun in the video.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Russ,

Where are you moving to?
Did your house sell?

- Doug

toysrrus

Yoda

Hi Doug,

I`m moving to "Pickens, SC" (Greenville Area). Will be driving down this Wed AM.

"Did I sell my house"? "Yes" if you want to call it that! I lost $165K in equity in 2yrs! The house "Appraised" @ $350K in `07. Not even a "Tire Kicker" @ $200K. Sold (Gave Away) for $185K.

See Y`All Later,

Russ

Cool rod, MJ and I made it out Sunday, drove up to Pisgah Inn for lunch then wnt back to Victoria's Vinyard for bottle of wine on the patio, 160 miles round trip, it was fun, I behve much better with the Boss riding around, even chilled it more so than normal, we had a fun ride.

I ready to make a run up to Sylva to the Brewery, and have some BBQ over in Dillsboro, maybe sometime in August, roll it around David, we'd need to leave say 9ish to make Sylva for lunch, and to let the girls shop around in Dillboro, it about probably 90 miles one way from meeting point at Hwy 11/276. Plus that put us going over the 6000 ft mark in the Parkway, real nice ride.

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker

Hap Waldrop said:
Cool rod, MJ and I made it out Sunday, drove up to Pisgah Inn for lunch then wnt back to Victoria's Vinyard for bottle of wine on the patio, 160 miles round trip, it was fun, I behve much better with the Boss riding around, even chilled it more so than normal, we had a fun ride.

I ready to make a run up to Sylva to the Brewery, and have some BBQ over in Dillsboro, maybe sometime in August, roll it around David, we'd need to leave say 9ish to make Sylva for lunch, and to let the girls shop around in Dillboro, it about probably 90 miles one way from meeting point at Hwy 11/276. Plus that put us going over the 6000 ft mark in the Parkway, real nice ride.

Now yer talkin' partner! lynn says "Pick a date. There are 5 Saturdays in August." Check with MJ and sign us up!
Beer and BBQ...yee haa!
We love the Pisgah Inn. Too bad we missed that trip. I was stuck in a hospital all day Sunday with my 91 year old dad. He's fine.
It was just a "pity party" he needed. He had a headache and his nurses insisted on an ambulance trip. Geeez...$3K when an
aspirin would have sufficed. He's happy however and that's what counts. :jester:

EDIT: Lynn reminds me we have some good friends in Sylva
who own a cool health food store/restaurant. His family
has been Italian bakers for over 300 years. Yummy stuff.
Ritota family. Sicilians. I'm the family Concilary. :wink:

regularman

Yoda
Country flag

I would love to hook up with y'all again. I am getting sick and tired of helping put a roof on my folks house, its raining every afternoon and so the weekends are all we have. However we haven't been working on sunday. I got roped into riding my motorcycle down to Chesnee on sunday to an antique motorcycle show type deal on main street, but I want to take a run in the midget now. I might get the bride to ride along as well. Hap, you need the mrs along to keep you sane on that run up 276 before you get your rights read to you :wink: Next time I will bring a few "home brews" on ice. You can legally drink at the picnic grounds on the parkway. I know Hap and Gundy will have one, Alan might be afraid he will mess up that 7 though :laugh:

toysrrus

Yoda

Howdy Y`All,

Please keep me in mind for these tours. I should be pretty much "Good to Go" by next wk. (Situated in the house etc etc).

My B/E is being picked up today for delv. next wk; "I hope"!!

Hey Gundy, Will you be avail. to assist in the "Move-In" process on Thurs. afternoon? Anyone out there who would like to help is more than invited. Otherwise, I`ll have to hire on a couple of guys to un-load.

See Y`All Later,

Regards, Russ

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker

Home brews? Oh yeah baby! :thirsty:

Russ, I'm not available for moving furniture Thursday.
Busy work week. I'm hoping o get out early on Friday
for a meet and greet with ya Pal!

regularman

Yoda
Country flag

toysrrus said:
Howdy Y`All,

Please keep me in mind for these tours. I should be pretty much "Good to Go" by next wk. (Situated in the house etc etc).

Hey Gundy, Will you be avail. to assist in the "Move-In" process on Thurs. afternoon? Anyone out there who would like to help is more than invited. Otherwise, I`ll have to hire on a couple of guys to un-load.

See Y`All Later,

Regards, Russ
Moving is when you find out who your real friends are :wink: I have had my back all messed up carrying roofing shingles to my moms roof, I am really not fit to do any lifting.

Alright, it needs to be a Saturday, so we can go to the brewery. we can drop the girls off for little while in Dillsbor to shop and we can go to the brewery, Sylva and Dillsboro are just like 2 miles apart, the womone always love the shops in Dillsboro. I'm good for any Sat. except for the end of the month. We do have a FBCC event on a Saturday August 15th, but I could even be talked into going that weekend as well, the Shanes have a nice place on Keowee, but it not like we do much there other than eat, so I could go that date as well. Kim, David, talk to Alan and the women folk, and count me and MJ in.

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker

Hap Waldrop said:
Alright, it needs to be a Saturday, so we can go to the brewery. we can drop the girls off for little while in Dillsbor to shop and we can go to the brewery, Sylva and Dillsboro are just like 2 miles apart, the womone always love the shops in Dillsboro. I'm good for any Sat. except for the end of the month. We do have a FBCC event on a Saturday August 15th, but I could even be talked into going that weekend as well, the Shanes have a nice place on Keowee, but it not like we do much there other than eat, so I could go that date as well. Kim, David, talk to Alan and the women folk, and count me and MJ in.

Sounds like the 22nd is a good fit. i spoke to Alan. He may take the Camry. That last trip was near the limits for him
in that Caterham. :wink:
Kim, check with the Boss and see if that works for ya'll.
She'd have a good time with MJ, Bonnie and Lynn shopping.

OP
Gundy

Gundy

Luke Skywalker

regularman said:
toysrrus said:
Howdy Y`All,

See Y`All Later,

Regards, Russ
Moving is when you find out who your real friends are :wink: I have had my back all messed up carrying roofing shingles to my moms roof, I am really not fit to do any lifting.

Russ, how does Friday night sushi sound??