• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Shop Tour

prometalshop

Hi Guys
When I first stop into BCF I was hunting some info on some up coming jobs and got kind of caught up here. Lots of cool folks and cars. In the last year I have least out my old shop and started working out of my new shop. Its not complete but it is warm and 100 feet from my house. This keeps me from having to drive 20 miles in and 20 miles back every day.
Any way I figured I would give you a tour of the new shop. Not near as large as the old But I realy want to cut back an the work load so I shouldn't need as much room.
shop-stuff-011.jpg

shop-equipjpg-13.jpg

I set up this end with most of the equipment so I would not have far to go each are supports it's self.
shop-equipjpg-12.jpg

Shearing, Notching, Hole punching,
shop-equipjpg-6.jpg

This is my hammer, dolly, and tuck shrink bench.
shop-equipjpg-4.jpg

shop-equipjpg-5.jpg

Well that was a short tour, summer will be nice to open the doors and spread out a little. I'm hoping to put another 24 foot for maybe a small spay area. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Oh yea I'm going to paint the inside this year also. Thats why I put most my equipment on wheels. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice place, Steve, and I know you'll enjoy the convenience!

Is that a '57 Ranchero back there? One of my favorite designs!

Mickey

OP
prometalshop

prometalshop

Hi Mickey
No, its a 61 Ford Galixie. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I had to go back and look at the photo it sure looks like a Ranchero.We are doing a total make over on the Galaxie. It gets a 4.6 DOHC and another chassis. I will post some of it here if you would like. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I know its not a Brit but its sheet metal /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I have a few tri's coming up this spring to do some repair and mods to. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
prometalshop said:
Hi Mickey
No, its a 61 Ford Galixie. :smile: I had to go back and look at the photo it sure looks like a Ranchero.We are doing a total make over on the Galaxie. It gets a 4.6 DOHC and another chassis. I will post some of it here if you would like. :smile: I know its not a Brit but its sheet metal :laugh: I have a few tri's coming up this spring to do some repair and mods to. :hammer:

I thought the tail light area looked too big, but it sure looked like a Ranchero that you might have been customizing. Yeah, I'd like to see what your plans are for it.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Geez, Steve! I trekked fifty miles each way for a decade to beat on old Euro-trash! Your setup is "HEAVEN!"

...and nevermind it ain't predominantly English! We're a bunch of CAR guys here! :laugh:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hi Steve,
The picture is Photoshop’d. My dad gave me the car several years ago, which started one of his longest running jokes. While I was (am) restoring it, I’d give him progress reports on the phone. Then he’d say, “That’s great! So when do I get my car back?” So I took a picture outside my house of an empty parking space and grabbed a Healey photo off the web and customized it. Never could get the thing to look like it was actually parked there, the proportions are off a bit. Anyway, I mailed him the photo saying the car was finished and he could pick it up anytime. I was also able to poke fun at him in different ways. I told him once he should have fired his mechanic for installing the clutch disk backwards. The springs had worn off half of the flywheel bolt heads. (I knew that he did all the work on the car himself). Ah with kids like me, who needs enemies.

Attachments

• 10062.jpg
    10062.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 239
OP
prometalshop

prometalshop

Hi Greg
What an awsome photo, :smile: I can imagine Dads blood pressure raised a bit looking at the photo. But ! did he still want it back? Nothing more priceless than a funn relationship with your Dad. Thanks for posting the photo. :thumbsup:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
heh. Thanks. I ~left~ Pennsy to escape winters... won't see my face 'round there anytime but mid-August! And even then it'd be a fleeting glance. :wink:

OP
prometalshop

prometalshop

How long were you in PA.?? and what area :smile: do you do fall Carlisle...we could chug a mug of caffene :laugh:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Western PA for the first 20 years, short hiatus in the USAF and another few between '75 and '80. Been in Florida ever since.

OP
prometalshop

prometalshop

Ahh warm weather it is inviting but I think I would miss my 4 sneezes, I meen seasons :laugh:

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
Greg

Similar pic trick I pulled on my son who is 20 in college. He always thought my rods were neat but not nearly racy enough....so I took the 62 Sprite and doctored up one of the pics...emailed it to him at school....he went nuts and couldn't wait to come home and race it....needless to say fairly dissapointed to find it still stock when he came home for the Holidays....

Attachments

• 10151.jpg
    10151.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 82

trike

Freshman Member
Hello----
I Am new to this site.
I have a Morgan +4 & a trike.

Is there anybody out there who has any intrest in conversations Re. Mogs?
Please advise.
Walt.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hi Trike,
Depending on your questions, might try the forum labeled "Other British Cars". And welcome. You may want to do a little introduction in the New Member Introductions Forum also.

Cheers,
Greg