• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jaguar Daimler Club of Holland Route 66 Tour

roger_abbott

Jedi Hopeful
The Jaguar Daimler Club of Holland brought 65 Jaguars, from a Mark V to an XKR from Holland to America, to follow, as near as possible, the Mother Road to Los Angeles. Following are the dates and places of their overnight stays:

May 9-10 Newark, NJ
May ll Elmira, NY
May 12 Buffalo, NY
May 13 Toledo, OH
May 14-15 Chicago, IL
May 16 St. Louis, MO
May 17 Joplin, MO
May 18 Oklahoma City, OK
May 19 Amarillo, TX
May 20 Albuquerque, NM
May 21-22 Flagstaff, AZ
May 23 Kingman, AZ
May 24-25 Las Vegas, NV
May 26 Palm Springs, CA
May 27-29 Los Angeles, CA

If you happen to be in one of these cities when the JDCH comes through, take time to visit them. Jaguar Cars is supporting this Tour by encouraging its dealers along the route to provide support as might be needed.

In Oklahoma City, the Central Oklahoma Jaguar Association is having its Coucours on May 19. We hope the JDCH will spend some time at our show.

How do you say Cheers! in Dutch?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif

Roger where in the LA Are are they scheduled to be. I will take the Daimler out and meet with them.--Keoke

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Holy cow, you are coming through my town on the wife and mine's 32nd anniversary! (Albuquerque on the 20th) Who's the POC for this event? If its you, please use the Contact Us link here to send me an email with details - our local British club may want to meet some of the folks!
Cheers,

Basil

OP
R

roger_abbott

Jedi Hopeful
Jaguar Cars has a contact for this tour, Greg Sanguinetti, but I do not yet have his permission to publish his email address. I don't think he will mind my posting his fax number, which is 949-341-6563, or his telephone number, which is 949-341-6208. He is also the Jaguar Cars' designated director to JCNA.

There is a contact for the JDHC, Pim van der Schaaf, whose email is pim@vanderschaafonline.nl. He is an active poster on Jag-Lovers and posted the schedule there, in the Saloons forum. I don't know if he is on the tour or stayed behind in Holland.

I think your best bet is to contact the Jaguar dealer in the city of interest to you that is on the route or contact Jaguar Cars directly. I learned of this tour through the Jaguar dealership in Oklahoma City last week and our club is scrambling to handle an anticipated influx of 70 some cars and 120 people at a show that normally has 40 cars.

Hope this information helps. Happy 32 years of wedded bliss, Basil.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I'll email Pim first to see what things look like when they come through Albuquerque. I live less than 1 mile from rt66, just east of Albuquerque so they would be coming right through my front yard (almost).

Basil

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
And I live less than a mile off of the "new" Route 66. Trivia wise, Sedillo Hill Road in Tijeras was known as Whisky Hill and was part of the original Route 66 but during prohibilion, they just closed it off and put in a straighter section and that is referred to as Route 66. The west side of our property abuts Whisky Hill. Just a bit of triva.

Anyway, I, like Basil, do not want them to go unnoticed, unfed, unanything! We do want to acknowledge their presence any way we can.

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif *I really like those banannas!"

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
One the wayhome today, I stopped by to help a couple of drivers in a 65 S type. The car had sufferd vapor lock. They should have been warned about rush hour traffic on the Kennedy Expressway in Chicago. By the time stopped, the car had cooled down and they coudl continue.

Best wishes to them.

OP
R

roger_abbott

Jedi Hopeful
I have an email contact for those of you interested in meeting the Dutch tourers:

andre@usamotorreizen.nl

This is the email address for Andre Contant, who seems to be the leader of the tour.

Our local Jaguar dealership contact is David Williams (dwilliams@jvokc.com). He is in daily contact with Andre. You can also reach David at 405-488-6287, which is his direct line.

OP
R

roger_abbott

Jedi Hopeful
The Dutch group came through Oklahoma City on the day of our Concours (Central Oklahoma Jaguar Association) on their way out of town, so we didn't have much time to socialize. However, there were two casualties of the Mother Road, a 1971 V-12 XKE Coupe (engine bearings went out) and a 1976 Daimler Double Six (blown power steering hose). The owner of the Daimler managed to fix the power steering hose and continue; the owner of the XKE decided to ship the car back to Holland for a personal chat with the garage that overhauled his engine before this trip.

Great bunch of people. All of them spoke fluent English and most of them even understood our Okie twang.

These people come from a continent where the distance between its most widely separated points is maybe 1,400 miles. This is a trip of more than 3,000 miles in limited production cars, the average age of which is 30 years. I admire them. If the Dutch come your way, I hope you will have a chance to meet them.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Roger, a few of us spent part of the day out by the Interetate and rt66 on the day they were sc heduled to come though Albuquerque. We waited for as long as we could but never had the good fortune to spot them.

Basil