• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Has anyone tried The Amazing Roll Up Car Cover?

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
Has anyone tried... "The Amazing Roll Up Car Cover"? I just purchase two of them, one for my pick up and one for my Jensen Healey and it looked great on TV, but... I'll see it when it gets here. I'll do a review when I've tried it. I figured that it has to be better than my current "Wad-O-Cover", not one of PepBoys best products.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Jim, I tend to steer clear of the "Amazing" anything, but look forward to reading your review. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeff

Basil

Administrator
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Jim, I tend to steer clear of the "Amazing" anything,

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for "amazing" forums /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Basil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/computer.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Re: Has anyone tried The Amazing Roll Up Car Cover

I thought this forum was "stupendous". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Never heard of the cover but please do post photos and a review when you get it! I'm most curious to see how a cover can roll up so much better than mine that it's called 'amazing'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

Photo's to follow as soon as I have a moment or two to do them.

Here is my Story & Review...

First, I assure you I’m not a front man for these folks, I’m just a satisfied customer and I’m not selling anything. With that said; I think this is a product and company that is worth looking into, and reading about their customer service and my experience. I feel lessons could be learned from the way they do business. All disclaimers, etc., etc. are in effect fully, Caveat Emptor.

I recently was watching TV, and when I awoke up… I was watching an infomercial. Now I’m a real doubter about products and companies who advertise in this format, so naturally I was suspicious of the claims and the infomercial droned on, and on about the virtues of the “Amazing Roll-Up Car Cover”. Naturally I called the 800# and placed my order for two of the “Amazing Roll-Up Car Covers” , well you got the second one at half-price, darn that was just too good to pass up. The “deal” also had a electronic key finder and a car vacuum. What a deal!

Well two day later the first car cover arrived at my home, I opened it and evaluated my treasures. The cover was very high quality, much better than the one I’d purchased at Pep Boys a few months ago, so far, so good. I immediately went out and stuck the suction on my truck bumper and pulled the car cover out and it was about 3 feet too short! Story of my life, sigh. I rolled it up and stuck it back in the box and called the 800# for Customer Service.

After a surprisingly short wait (about 2 minutes) on hold for a customer service representative, my call was answered by a real live person. I explained my situation and even took the blame for possibly specifying the wrong type of vehicle. I told him that I had ordered my cover for a… 2002 GMC 1,500 X-tra Cab, with a 8’ bed. The young man said that his order on the screen showed the cover was for a vehicle with no X-tra Cab and a short bed. My heart sank. I asked him if there was anything I could do to get the correct size cover? His next statement was…”Yes Sir, I’ve already ordered and arranged for the new cover to be shipped to your home. When it arrives just put your other cover in the box and someone will be by your home to pick it up in about a week. You will be notified in advance of the time he will be there. There is no charge for this and we are sorry a mistake was made.” Do you have any questions? Thank you.”

When I placed the order for the Jensen Healey, I knew they wouldn’t have it in their data base, so they took the measurements and sent it right out to me, it arrived three days later, and it fit like a glove. These are very good car covers and at $87.00 each, it think the money is well spent + with the cover being re-wound into a plastic bin about the size of a hat box (approx. 18” in dia. and 8” in thickness) stowing it is a very easy thing in the trunk of your JH, and you don’t have a “Wad-O-Cover” to deal with anymore. The first time I put it on the JH it took about 2 minutes to get the cover on and about the same time to take it off and stow it in the back.

You can see them online at: https://www.thecarcover.com Thank you, I hope you like them, I know I really like my new car & truck covers.

Jon12

Jedi Hopeful

How well do these block water? I went through a few covers before finding one that would stop water from going through. My mother ran into my car and ripped my $125 cover to shreds so I'm in the market.

Bugeye58

Yoda

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, Jim, I need to get two or three new covers, and I'll give them a shot.
Thanks for the follow up.
Jeff

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

Jon;

I have not had a chance to experience rain in over a year, I live here in Southern California, but if you take a look at their web site that claim that the resist water completly, check it out.

Bugeye;

I don't think you can go wrong on these covers. Long term use will tell if they were a good deal or not, but up-front they look pretty good and better than most certanilly in the price range.

What I really liked was their customer service and... what looks ling a good product too.

Thanks and Caveat Emptor.

Steve_S

Yoda

The most important thing is the material. If it's good quality stuff then great, but if they use cheap materials then your paint will suffer in the long run. Let us know how it turns out!

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

Steve S;

The web site states these covers are constructed of microweave taffeta cloth plus the seven layers of polyurethane. This despite it's softness, I'll keep an eye on it and report any problems. They also states it 100% water proof, I may find out for sure about that tonight! Gosh we need rain, your in So. Cal. Steve, you know what I'm talking about.

Steve_S

Yoda

Indeed. I was working a shoot at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. I got soaked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

This has nutin' what-so-ever to do with car covers but...
I drove up last night to Santa Cruz to pick up a Free Jensen Healey Project Car, I got soaked for sure, boy we need the rain. You-all can see my new Free J - H at https://jhppg.com/ Look in the California section - Black Beauty & Friend.

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

Steve;

I've only done a basic once over inspection and I'm not too sure if she is a project car or an organ donor at the moment. I'll get her up in the air and do a better look when I can get over to my race shop, that will tell the tale. I've already got folks looking for parts, I'll know better next week what I'm going to do.

rovernut

Jedi Trainee

OK I,m interested too............Let me know Jim if the things are waterproof like they say...........I need 2 new ones for the Rovers.......

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

Yes, they are water resistant as any car cover I've ever used. Very good product indeed.

John Loftus

Darth Vader

Not to rain on your parade but I thought it was good for a car cover to breath and allow condensation to evaporate? I'm in Southern California too and mainly use a cover to keep the sun and coastal fog condensation off my 'outdoor' car. I also have several for the Healey, a heavy one for indoor use (shop dust, etc) and a light weight tyvek one for trips. Just wondering if the 100% waterproofing is always a good thing.

Just another thought ... wonder if anyone has made a car cover with a GoreTex (or equiv.) layer? Waterproof from the outside but breathable to keep condensation from getting trapped. Might be $$$ though.
Cheers,
John

RPTMGB

Freshman Member

Sounds good, however I thought a good car cover needed to made of a breathable material so it won't trap any moisture in the car during our winters here in the Midwest. Doesn't say anything about it been a breathable material on their website so I doubt it is. Probably not an issue if you live in a drier warmer climate. This is based on what I've read and not from experience so please correct me if I'm wrong.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

RT

OP
J

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee

John, RPTMGB et al.;

Basically... I don't know if breathable is a good thing or not especially here in Southern California. The covers don't have vents like my older tyvek cover, the microweave taffeta cloth "Amazing" one doesn't. Right now my J-H is in my shop and I have it covered from dust and frankly not much else. The cover doesn't provide any padding, so I guess it's best for short term use. I know in the recent rains here in California the cover has worked very well. I need to get a SnugTop deck lid for my truck as I do get a rather deep "swimming pool" as the water fills the rear of the truck with rain water! I started to just leave the tailgate down and the water won’t pool, but it's still an annoyance. I think it's pretty sure they are highly water resistant at the very least.