• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge Going to look at one of those yucky brown TR7's th

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hopefully I'm not offending anybody but I never was fond of that brown. There is not too many solid cars around here that the owner is asking a fair price. So my question is can anyone post a pic of some custom paint, stripes packages etc. with this brown.

Attachments

• 25740.jpg
    25740.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 384

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's not that bad - if you buy it,give it some time,you might
come to like it.
I felt the same way about our Yellow TR6.I've gotten to where
I actually like it.

-Doug

WedgeWorks

Jedi Trainee
The best way to dress up the brown TR7s is with gold 8-spoke panasports or similiar rims and a gold dealer stripe kit. You would not think it would make it more appealing but the dealers did it alot and sold the cars from doing this.

CinneaghTR

Jedi Warrior
Can't post pics, but you'll have a lot of fun researching period-correct dealer and aftermarket stripes to make the 7 easier on the eyes. My brother's '80 Spit is Russet and the stripes help.

For some reason, a lot of brown cars survived in great condition. I don't mind it myself, especially if the car is in great shape. It would be a lot better than a [pick your color] rustbucket.

PeterK

Yoda
WedgeWorks said:
The best way to dress up the brown TR7s is with gold 8-spoke panasports or similiar rims and a gold dealer stripe kit. You would not think it would make it more appealing but the dealers did it alot and sold the cars from doing this.

No offense but sorry :pukeface:
Styles were certainly different then. I had orange Landlubber bell bottoms but wouldn't want to get caught dead in them again. Or gold stripes and gold centered wheels for that matter.

Certainly glad the "Shape of Things to Come" wasn't. Mid 70s was a unique time for car makers. No horsepower because of the Oil Embargo so they tried to add appeal with plaid seats and velour Cordoba's and wire basket wheel covers (in gold).

Just not my style, glad it works for you. Guess you either like 'em or not but give me a TR3-4 anyday. Hey, people are just as opinionated about my Audi TT and I LOVE it.

tomgt6

Jedi Warrior
It is funny that brown did last better. I guess it is because of the pigment in the paint from what someone told me once.

One thing to remember, when your driving the car you don't see the seats or very little of the outside so just enjoy the ride.

Look into some form of body wrap or gold stripes and wheels.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
If the body is solid and you find that you really like the car, as I'm sure you will, it can always be painted down the road.

GBRandy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]
Totally Custom 1977 Triumph TR-7. Fitted with a Mustang 302ci V8, a C4 transmission and rear suspension, this classic two seater is now as serious threat to Corvettes, Mustangs and ANY rice rocket. The conversion is professional, the body and paint are custom and the car is like new inside and out! I don't quite know which car club you can join with this little missile but I am sure they'll ALL want you. $$$$$$$ invested. Only 4500 firm [/QUOTE]

What is that old line.... I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member.

BTW, I had that a brown TR7 for 4 years and it looked just fine thank you.

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
I have a yucky brown coupe ready for the scrap yard now and a brown vert that is now painted reddish orange. I liked the color on the 79 MGB I had. Brown makes sports cars invisible to the cops you know.

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I think why the brown cars seem to servive longer is probably those who bought them were too embarrass to drive them after all the finger pointing.

Any way I like the gold wheel idea and I do like black on brown. Possibly a blacked out hood with black side stripe package? Maybe there is something that could be done there.
My hope is that the car only needs painted. I may then keep it in the brown family and go with a golden, grayish, tannish, charcoalish brown color. GM and Honda have recently came out with a couple of nice metallic caracole browns on the lots. I'm sure no one orders a new brown car.

I love the barf guy. First time I've seen him.

swift6

Yoda
PeterK said:
Certainly glad the "Shape of Things to Come" wasn't.

Actually it was. The basic idea of low front end with a higher trunk area, on front engine rwd or fwd cars, has been used quite successfully on many models by many different manufacturers. Let alone all of the mide engined exotics.

Triumph wasn't the first to use that basic design, but they were the first to market in that way.

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I actually prefer the plaid interior over the corduroy seat covers. In fact if the seats split and they probably will, I think I still have my brown Glen Plaid suit from the 80's somewhere around here. That could easily fix that problem.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
My brother just picked up a brown convertible for $300, said he couldn't pass it up at that price, complete, pretty rust free, had not run many many years. He has a nice Pagent Blue 80 convertible and is cannabalizing the brown one for rare and hard or expensive to replace parts.

George_H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Re: Going to look at one of those yucky brown TR7's

Here is my plan.... 2 tone red/silver

Attachments

• 25757.jpg
    25757.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 212