• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Before I put in classifieds

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Before this goes into the classifieds section take a look and tell me what I have forgotten to include.

For Sale
Austin Healey Sprite Mk I, known as a Bugeye or at our house Miss Agatha. Starts easily runs great, shifts fine. Etc., etc. Fourteen shows, eleven first places. Complete restoration about 6 years ago.
Comes with a purpose built trailer and spare tire. Also too many spares to even list including an engine and transmission both smooth box and rib case as well as conversion items for front tilt bonnet, front disc brakes, oversize 1 ¼ carbs a 12G-995 head, and a complete factory tool kit. Complete set of workshop books and Sprite books covering the entire Marque.

No rust body, was sand blasted and primed with epoxy sealer then primer, skim coats then Old English White and Clear Coat. Engine has new crank, cam, timing gears, lifters, oil pump, etc. Has a Rebuilt distributor and carbs to like new condition. The block was bored to 998cc during the rebuild process.

Has never ever overheated nor has she been rained on or driven on a wet road. Always stored in side, covered out of the weather and sun light. Has less than 3,000 miles total since complete restore.

She is ready for the next show, with a bit of final detailing that might take an hour.

For sale because it is time. $18,500

https://s806.photobucket.com/user/Jac.../?sort=3&page=

Last edited:

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Jack

bassd on the prices on EBay recently you are leaving money on the table IMHO.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
I'd agree with that price Rick. Ms Agatha comes complete with sufficient gravitas on restoration as well as recognition in shows to justify that kind of price. You can always drop the price, hard to raise it after the fact.

Gray_Cat

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Haven't seen the car, but from the pics and description, I agree with Jim. Unless you need to sell NOW, you're giving it away at that price. I'm thinking at current prices an asking price between $18-20k wouldn't be out of line for a start and drop it later if it doesn't sell.
I "third" this price.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ok, updated price. Anything else?

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ok, you all know I have lots of pics. Will put it here, where else do you suppose is appropriate. ebay?

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
eBay will provide fastest results. Jack you need to watch EBay for a little while to get a good handle on current BE prices. Prices peaked in March with really well prepared w 1275 and 5 speed going for $20-25k. Ms Agatha with all you've done could get way up there.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sounds good to me.

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Jack,

With all due respect, don't mention your age in a classified or any ad. Be very careful and cautious of people wanting to see it in person. There are too many crazies in the world. There are also some really nice and honest folks in the car hobby. You just have to be careful. I think your car could easily sell in the $20-25K range. I hope you get top $ for it.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jack,
I would place an ad in Bring A Trailer, BCF, and MGE and use eBay as a secondary sale site. Having drooled all over Miss Agatha in person I can tell you that pictures won't do it justice...everything is just perfect! That said you can post a link that shows pictures of every part of her to go with the ones you post on the ad site. Professional style pictures will go a long way in selling her, too.
Rut

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wow, thats a lot of bucks. OK no age. Guess I need to get a place to display pics. Man this could get intresting.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Good luck Jack. Hope she goes to a worthy home.

Country flag
Ah, Jack, I wish I could afford her right now. We all know how much work you put into her! Good luck with your sale!

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bring a Trailer has recently started their own auctions and as near as I can tell only charge $250 for the seller to list the car with the buyer paying the commission: https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/ You can set a reserve, that you can decide to drop during the auction. That site gets a lot of traffic from classic car guys and I think it would be my first choice if I was selling one of my cars.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If you were not on the other side of the country, I'd introduce Ms. Agatha to my garage

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Bring a trailer is interesting but Miss Agatha is a do not bring a trailer. She has a nice one and tows behind my 4 cyl Ranger like a lady.

Ha, that is a cop out Bugedd, it is called a road trip.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hope she goes to a nice new home, Jack.

I well remember your restoration work, well documented here as you went through that car. Quite a bit of that helped me when I got to working on the Tunebug. Someone will get a tremendous little car.

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I don't think I am capable of a road trip for 2514 miles! And shipping it would cost easily $3k :(
Do you deliver? :smile: