• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

aluminum radiator

Murray

Does anyone know where to buy an aluminum radiator for a TR3? I know TRF sells them but there must be other suppliers.

Thanks,

Murray

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
I think that Ron Davis Racing in Arizona will make you one up. I have one of theirs in my TR6 and have no complaints. On the higher end of cost, but not by much.

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Murray said:
Does anyone know where to buy an aluminum radiator for a TR3? I know TRF sells them but there must be other suppliers.

Thanks,

Murray
Here are a couple of places that were recommended to me when I was considering a aluminum radiator for my TR3 last spring:

The first site Wizard Cooling doesn't show it on their site but I emailed them and they do sell one. Last April they said the radiator with electric fan and brackets would be about $620.

Wizard Cooling

Also TRParts has them for about the same price of $625 with electric fan and brackets or just the radaiator for about $425.

TR Parts

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
I got mine Wizard Radiator from Art Lipp at the TR Parts link in Number 6's post. Art lives right near the Wizard factory and has a great relationship with Scott the owner. They both provided me with terrific customer service when a small problem popped up. One of the guys on the 6-Pack forum actually had Wizard engrave their logo upside down from how they normally do it. That way, when the TR6 hood is opened, the logo reads right side up. Not too many companies will do that for you! I got the radiator and Spal fan combination and everything works great.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
That was me who had the logo done my way (with NO hassle from Art or Scott) and I ditto Bob's comments.

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Brosky said:
That was me who had the logo done my way (with NO hassle from Art or Scott) and I ditto Bob's comments.
After seeing the way that your radiator looks with the Logo done turned around I would think that they would start doing them all that way for the TR6 radiators. It makes more sense that way, the way they do them now, the logo look upside down on a TR6.

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Woody sold me one for my 8 that was custom made from Griffith in South Carolina. I am very pleased with it so far but I am not sure I think in the long run it was worth the money. I was worried because in traffic in DC my 8 was running 3/4. After I swapped the radiators I found my fans were running 3/4. I fixed that and now my car runs at 1/4.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Major- Is yours carbed?
I can't recall.

philman

Jedi Knight
I just had the radiator rebuilt for my TR7v8, I went with bigger tubes and more spacing. The radiator guy said more flow that way and better cooling. I haven't tried it though. He is usually spot on with radiator questions, I can drop a radiator off and he knows exactly what model car it came from.

newmexTR3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Wizard Cooling is the way to go.

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg
\