• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge 15 inch rims for the TR8s

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
They do look nice. Proper offset?

The only caveat, of course, is quality. This is a new name to me. Impressive website, though:

Rota Wheels

WedgeWorks

Jedi Trainee
I think Woody @ the wedge shop sells them. Now 15x7 if they are off set more inboard you should be fine. You dont want to go outward more than the stock 13-inch allow. If you do the drivers side rear tends to rub.....unless you nip or roll the wheel arch.

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
They are very good wheels at a very good price. You will need the lug nuts to match the wheels. I have a set of 15X7 for use on my BMW 2002 race car, and am thinking about buying another in 13X8 just for autocrossing. Some of the local guys have been putting the Rotas on their TR8s. No complaints yet. They weigh in at about 14 pounds depending on center bore and offset. A comperable set of Panasports are almost 17 pounds. Unless you are willing to change your wheel bolt pattern, this is the only inexpensive wheel that I know of, that fits the TR8. Before these were available, I went to 4X100 on the TR8 race car so I could get multiple sets of wheels cheaply. The fact that now the TR8 and the BMW can share wheels is an added bonus.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
I've got Rota wheels (Slipstreams) on my Miata. They are a high quality wheel for the price.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
tr8todd said:
... this is the only inexpensive wheel that I know of, that fits the TR8. ...
These too.
Superlights.

DSCF3010-1.jpg

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Superlites are $190 a piece and weigh 18+ pounds according to what I found on a supporting vendors website. They are more of a heavy duty rally car construction.

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
The clear winner for a lightweight, strong, low cost wheel is the Enkei RPF1. A 15X7 is 9.7 pounds and around $175 a wheel. I run the 16X8 which weigh in at 13.2 pounds each on my green car. Unfortunately they don't come in a 4X95.25.

Attachments

• 19644.jpg
    19644.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 832

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Did you guys try pinging Hap over on the Spridget forum? He is a <span style="font-weight: bold">fantastic</span> guy and he is usually very price competitive.

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I never even heard of him, I rarely venture outside of the Triumph Board. I will go hunt him down

ReadT

I know a bunch of the nissan crowd I hang out with love Rotas and havn't had any problems with them. When Rotas first started getting big a few years ago I know some people worried about the quality. Anyways- They are a good price but I don't have any personal experience with them.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Major- i got my wheels from Hap.
They get the blanks from down under and bore them to your specs

Hey guys, I closing out Superlites now, we started making our own wheels, so if I have any size for you, which I do have some 15x6 TR2/3/4/6 wheels left for discount prices, and other Superlite size, that may appeal to you as well, I sold the wheel on the Green TR8 above, if I rember correctly they were 15x7 fornts and 15x8 rears. I also have the new wheel (VTO Classic 8) in black and silver center for the TR 2/3/4/6 15x6, here's photos of them. Give me a call if any of this interest any of you.

Attachments

• 19655.jpg
    19655.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 795
Here's a pic of the silver 15x6 in the new VTO Classic 8, right now we have the 15x6 for MGB and TR2-6, coming next is the 14x5.5 (MGB etc.) and 13x5.5 (Spitfires, Spridget, etc.) they'll be available in the Classic 8 and the new Retro 4, which is modern remake of the American Racing Libre, other sizes will trickle into our stock between now and fall of 2010, our primary market is quality wheels for classic cars. I had a little say-so in the making of the new wheel, for instance I wanted a shinier machined outer rim that more resembled a hand polished outer rim and from the pictures you can see we acheived that, also weight was a big concern, our new 15x6 weighs 13.7 pounds which is almost 4 pounds lighter than the 15x6 Superlite and the same exact weight as Panasport's race wheels. Needless to say we're excited about our new wheels.

Attachments

• 19656.jpg
    19656.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 782

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hey. I want the new ones. I 'll sell my 15X7's with Khumo tires and very low mileage. :laugh: