• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vote for Cecil Kimber

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Hi all:

I pulled this from the MMM forum, please show your support.

Thanks,
Patrick

M.G. Enthusiasts,

The township of Stockport is deciding who and what to honour within it's past and present.

Most of you would have read, and most of you might have forgot that Cecil Kimber was educated in Stockport. At the age of nine, in 1898, on the 17th January he was admitted to The Stockport Grammar and Free School. In the school's original register dating from 1860 he is listed as pupil number 469, the third pupil to enroll in 1898. The register also lists his parents as Henry and Francis, DoB; 12th April 1888, his farther's profession; Printing ink Manufacturer, his address of Oak Road, Romiley (Stockport) Date of Admission, 18th January, 1898. Promoted to Senior School January 1900, Left April 1903 "Gone in to business." During this period the family moved house to Shaw Road, Heaton Norris, Stockport. Now named Heaton Moor.

Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council have a grant to award ten of a list of twenty one nominees/sites a plaque to commemorate Stockport's finest. The voting closes this Saturday , January 13th.

https://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/blueplaque/

The above link will ask you to enroll via your e-mail address. The whole process including voting will only take two minutes of your time. With the 62nd anniversary of Kimber's death (February, 4th, 1945) approaching, it would be fitting for him to be remembered in some distinguished manner in the town of his youth, and early vehicle experiences

Forgive me for sending this to as many sites that I know. Allow me to say that each, and any, and all family members can vote, only one for each e-mail address. Obviously you don't have to be a resident of the town or the UK. Don't vote early, it's late, vote now! Show your appreciation for a Great Man and a fine Marque. Voting for only Cecil Kimber might be advantageous. You have a choice to vote for a total of three though.

Thanks for your time.