• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I need your Vote !! New York Times Again.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Last year most of you may recall a collage on the forum listed his TR3 in the New York Times collector car contest. I was one of the ones that helped like many of you and voted for him. This year I'm asking for your help to do the same. It would rock the classic world to have a Triumph win two years in a row. I have not heard of anyone else on the forum entering this year so I listed my TR250. Saturday was the last day to list. I sent last years contestant to all my friend and family to help the TR3 win. Your vote would be appreciated. It cost nothing and very little time and fun to see the other cars too. Here is the link.
Thanks in advance. Larry

https://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/View_Listing.asp?ListingID=COL8111544

newmexTR3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Awesome Larry! You know you can count on my vote. Triumphs two years in a row would be amazing. One of the best things to do at this point in the competition is to make sure people comment on your profile- this will help convince the editors you're worthy of making it into the finals. Then it will be open to public voting.

If you read the story, you'll see that I didn't win by a crazy amount of votes, although maybe more people will participate this year (last year was the first contest). Either way, if you make it into the finals make sure you tell your friends and relatives that they can vote once EVERY day for a little over a month. I had a lot of family and close friends who did that more religiously than I did and it paid off. Here's the article: nytimes contest

-gavin

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Larry,

I just tuned into your post today.

Sorry I missed the voting but perhaps the next time.

Regards,

Russ

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Larry,

You just got a "5.0" rating!!!

Best Wishes,

Russ

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I do not think when I look it up I get the same link, but if you do a search of the cars, it is the only TR3B on the site right now. Just click search, and specify Triumph and TR3B...sorry, but that is as close as I can get right now. I will need to try on a computer where I am not logged in to the NY Times now.

See if this works:
https://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/View_Listing.asp?ListingID=COL710162

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Dave,

The link worked just fine.

You also just rec`d. a "5.0" for "Fagin".

By the way; Whats the meaning behind the name of "Fagin"?

Just Curious,

Russ

PS: The `60 Nash Met Conv. is exactly like the one I had about 3yrs ago! Color, Condition etc etc. It was a tough one to choose between Fagin & the Met; But You Won!!

TRnorwegian

TR3ATR250 said:
Last year most of you may recall a collage on the forum listed his TR3 in the New York Times collector car contest. I was one of the ones that helped like many of you and voted for him. This year I'm asking for your help to do the same. It would rock the classic world to have a Triumph win two years in a row. I have not heard of anyone else on the forum entering this year so I listed my TR250. Saturday was the last day to list. I sent last years contestant to all my friend and family to help the TR3 win. Your vote would be appreciated. It cost nothing and very little time and fun to see the other cars too. Here is the link.
Thanks in advance. Larry

Just got yourself a 5.

Anders

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks again guys. Some have had trouble voting with the link. If the site does not come up with my car just type Triumph TR250 in the search block and mine is the light blue one. Click on read more and at the bottom click on rate this car. Those that are not registered need to register by clicking on the blue register button and by posting their e-mail and pertinent info. Then click on the user agreement. It's about no advertising or hanky panky. I'm sure all that info is to verify that yours is a legitimate e-mail and I'm not stacking the deck by rating my own car with fictitious e-mails. Then a block under the paragraph I wrote shows up. That's where your comments go and just under the comment is a arrow with rate this car. Click on .5 to 5.0.

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Any one try to vote Thursday? Some of my customer reported a problem. After submitting the report said the was an error in the transmission. 4 different people said this.

OP
Got_All_4

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Just got a message from my daughter today Monday that a friend voted today and went through.

Thanks again
Larry

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Re: New York Times Again.

Fagin did not make the cut this year...but I did find 4 British Cars in the list of finalists: 1961 Jaguar E-Type, a 1980 Austin Mini Pickup, a 1925 Bentley, and a 1960 Triumph Italia 2000 GT Coupe. Maybe we can at least make the British Cars winners in consecutive years. You can go to the contest site and vote once each day...