• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Story & pic of Barn Find fate!

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Thanks for the update -- I've looked at that ad a few times, can only hope it is destined for a resto and not just parts.

Last edited:
OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Was kinda hoping owner of British Iron knew another enthusiast interested in it "no reasonable offer refused" according to owner of outfit that bought it too rusted for resto but can use parts. British mechanic here said it may've fetched $3-$5 grand, contacting out fit on a Monday after viewing same pics they sent truck/trailer/cashiers check 5 hrs drive here Wednesday hinks it was worth more than agreed amount especially since they're restorers. Google search resto 40K & up again an original, surface but no cancerous rust, complete car, who knows? No monetary figure could ever replace the look/smile & relief effect I witnessed on the 96 yrs of age woman.

OP
tr6nitjulius

tr6nitjulius

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
1966 Jag E-Type 4.2 Barn Find resolution 5/22/2013

Clic on link below then My Youtube Channel (Fate of Barn Find Jag?)

https://videosbyjulius.com

Here's where does TRIUMPH fit in Fate of Barn Find Jag story?

Thinking being a LBC owner all those years even at 96 yrs of age she still had British Iron in her blood and would like a ride in something British so drove my TR6 to her place once Jag was on trailer her comment it doesn't look that bad the headlights seem to be shiny, quickly replied that's that "I don't want it to go feeling" you have to give up something to experience something. Then said let's wash up & I'll take you to your bank after that, my treat, let's celebrate by riding to Baskin Robbins for a ice cream cone, she said in your little car replied absolutely that's why I drove it over here that was the 2nd biggest smile of the day.

Mid-afternoon by then in the Inland Empire heat was on so top was up, two blocks from her home I leaned over to roll up her window, asking is that too much wind her reply Oh! No! I Love the feel of the sun & wind blowing in my face & hair that increased the smile on both our faces so off we went to Baskin Robbins the entire trip she'd reach out and touch the wood dash, door pads, the dash crash pads, door/window handles inquiring about the exhaust sound why I chose shifter instead of automatic my reply as you're remembering there's absolutely nothing like British the sound/feel/smell and these only came with 4 spd.

Don't recall her ever stop smiling as one moment she'd sit up as though to peer out the windscreen the next she'd sit back head against the headrest obvious to me she was reliving her personal British Iron memories, the ride in the 6 was therapy/closure to departure with her Jag as she absorbed the entire experience of the ride in British Iron after all those years.

Somewhere along the way we both realized Lucas (Prince of Darkness) picked us for that magical moment, just over an hour crusin' we arrived back at her home (of course each time she entered/exited my TR6 I was there to open/close passenger door took her hand when she was entering/exiting) she said that was Wonderful, such a Happy Day showered me with Thank You's & a Big Hug as she opened her front door she said I'm going to go take a nap PRICELESS!
Drove off in my TR6 feeling pretty special! There for someone with a need and helping them achieve a resolution & new life for LBC (Little British Car)