• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rebirth of the B

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Re: Last week of the B

Ohhhh... OOOOOOoooooo!!!! PRETTY-SHINY!!!! MINE!!!

mineminemineminnnee!!!!!! gimme!!!!!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I find I must comment again.

That has to be the best looking B I have ever seen. I would be proud to have that in my garage er living room.

The color is just so right as well.

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Man -

Every time I think it can't get any better looking...../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Gorgeous work. Your car contimues to be an inspiration and a point at which to aim. Remind me not to park next to you at any event. Ever!

Kudos on your amazing work and perseverance.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag

I thought you were gonna lower it? Or is that still in the works...

the car is looking great though... wish mine looked even remotely that nice... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

I'm planning on doing the suspension work tomarrow if its not raining. I did get a photo in between downpours.

DSCF0040.JPG

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag

those 14" or 15" wheels? and what size tires?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Suspension work gonna put 'er down inna dirt where she belongs, right? Can't wait to see the pix of THAT.

A VERY nice B: Pretty, strong and aggressive.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

I think she just looks ready to pounce up like that. Must be a big healey just out of the pic.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag

550# springs up front and blocks out back will get ride of the unsightly fender-wheel gaps... and looks just right good with that size tire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

just ... uhmm ... make sure yer not riding yer bump stops when yer done... the wonderful dips and bumps we have out here in SoCal can be a bit abrasive when yer riding your stops... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tom Rynne

The cure in front to bump stopitis is to flip the spacer to the bottom after cutting it in half and trimming the rears a 1/2 inch with a hack saw. I had posted a pic of my V6 front end with this done a couple of weeks ago.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Tom - I'm getting ready to do that trick on my GRM car...& I cut the rear bump stop in half the other day when I was restacking the rear springs to lower it about 1-1/2"

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Well I had to make a decision yesterday about the suspension. Unfortunately I just dont have the time right now to do it right. I have all the parts waiting so when its time it should go quick.

Since I have to head back to the cold on Sunday I'm just going to go enjoy driving for the next few sunny days. When I get back I'm going to go ahead and pull the crossmemeber and get it powdercoated and rebuild the rest. Fortunately its still it pretty good shape so it doesn't bug me to leave it as is.

Tonight she finaly comes home and then on thursday the true test begins as I'm going to take her to visit moss and pick up the last piece I need. Should be a fun 200 mile trip.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Tom if you need any pics pm me.

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee

WOW Stewart!!!!

What a fantastic job, She looks amazing!!!

I love the way the new bumpers look,..kinda wish I'd done it,..but heck,..this is Boston the home of the fender-bender /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You're gonna have sooo much fun!!!

Cheers!

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

JoshP

Jedi Trainee

Add this one to your growing compliment pile:

I'm liking that car a lot; it has the look of a vintage, yet somewhat modern Bond car. I wonder though, does it still have the "oil slick" feature? :p.

Always remember to put your top down before you push the ejector seat button...I'm still recovering from THAT lawsuit...hehe.

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Looks great. That is the same color as my 2003 Miata Shinsen Version.

don62

Hi Jerry,

Great job!

You said that you encountered some problems with the fiberglass bumper that Stewart has and you decided to keep the original. I'd like to know more on these problems.
I might change my mind but I really like the grid.

Thanks

Don

don62

MGB WIND BLOCKER!

I'm expecting to travel long distance trips this summer.
I'd like to get your thoughts about the wind blocker.
Is it just a nice to have?

Thanks

Don