• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rebirth of the B

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Re: Last week of the B

At 11:45pm pst Saturday Dec. 17 she rolled out of the garage under her own power and went around the block twice. Still a lot of work to do but its getting really close. Car has finaly entered the tweaking faze.

I did finaly por 15'd the trunk and the went ahead and installed the door panels and top rails. Tomarrow the bonnet should go back on.

The headers were red now that the engine has gone through a few heat cycles the paint has burned off. If your looking to paint the headers you could try the duplicolor paint as they do sell some thats suposed to be good to 1500 degrees.

For future reference make sure to remove the sending unit from the gas tank when you have it powdercoated.

DSCF0005.JPG

and the trunk

DSCF0007.JPG

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Almost finished. Hood was installed today and the truck was carpeted. Hopefully the bumpers can be finished shortly. The suspension work and lowering still needs to be done but that should happen this week.

So far everthing has gone really smooth and the only real problems have been with the brake lights and the fuel guage. The brake lights were figured out tonight and hopefully the fuel guage will be figured out shortly.

The B is running great and even at this early stage I can tell she has quite a bit more power than the ZS carb ever did.
DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0018.JPG

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Inspirational! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Great looking car....now, tell me, what are your bumper plans?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Lovely, just lovely. Merry Christmas.

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

For the bumpers I went with the morspeed fiberglass front bumper and the replica fiberglass rear bumper with the recessed plate.

Finaly tracked down the problem with the fuel guage and its now working. About 20 miles have been put on the B and she's run flawless. Tomarrow I will drop off the bumpers and the B for final paint and some small touch ups. Hopefully it will be finished before xmass. Suspension work will be done after it comes back from paint shop.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Man, I want to see those bumpers installed - did you get them from Tom Rynne?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

What Tony said /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif

jcatnite

Jedi Knight

This is one of the finest examples of a restoration project that I have witnessed. I've been following it for a while and like most, was disapointed when Stewart went back to school. It's nice to see it going again and I can't wait to see the finished product.
JC

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Yep I got them from Tom. I looking forward to seeing them on the car painted and I'm hoping it comes out the way I think it will.

Car is back at the body shop and it will be a few days before I see it again. On the way to the shop I did a quick hop on the freeway and man does she GO. I cant wait to get her back and finished then it's off to the twisties.

Tom Rynne

Stewart, I am dying to see how the car looks with the bumpers I supplied. I know I will want to put your pics up on my website. Great job!

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Getting closer

Interior is finished and for the first time in 20 years everything actualy works.

Tomorrow plan is to bolt up the front bumper. Currently its held on by clecos.

She's on the tarp not because she's leaking but because the floor was recently epoxied and while it should of been cured but no chances are being taken.

Happy new year everyone

DSCF0023.JPG

DSCF0025.JPG

DSCF0026.JPG

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Nice, Stewart...what'cha gonna do for front park lights? fender recess or bumper recess?

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag

Street legal once again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Found a mondo sized black widow hiding around the windshield washer bottle. Now if the rain would just go a way for a bit. I need to put about 50 more miles on it so I adjust the tappets and retorque the head. Getting so close to being finished.

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Well, that answered that question!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Can I order 50 of those, I think new cars like that will sell. Wow,............no finger prints this time.