• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rebirth of the B

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I love that color, Stewart.

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Getting closer.

2017-01-25%2013.08.22a.jpg

2017-01-25%2013.08.44a.jpg

2017-01-25%2013.09.20a.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-01-25 13.08.22a.jpg
    2017-01-25 13.08.22a.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 48

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Looking good. That's a really nice color.

Nice. That Mercedes looks good too. What kind of bumpers for you have on there?

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
They are morspeed bumpers

Almost there just need the windows installed and it can go off to the upholstery shop. Windshield is out being polished and anodized. So looking forward to reassembling it.

DSCN7607a.jpg

Country flag
What a difference lighting and/or cameras(?) can make? That looks like 2 totally different cars from one set of pictures to the next.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good luck!

I won't be far behind, and I have to fill a spot that looks like it was ground out.

Who did your anodizing?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
yeah it's a very strange color that's hard to pin down even in person

My project for tomorrow. It's going to be so much fun

2017-02-11%2016.16.42a.jpg

The root canal of MGB restoration!

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Had a minor setback with the windshield as the polishers just ground the **** out of the head of the screws holding the bracket on the side pieces and made it impossible to salvage them. Fortunately I found an early frame and they redid it after I made sure to remove everything myself. So this weekend I will tackle the new frame. In the mean time the interior was mostly finished. All the panels and seats are leather and wool carpet. Still need to pull the dash and recover it and replace the vinyl behind it.

2017-04-05%2014.34.57a.jpg

2017-04-05%2014.35.21a.jpg

2017-04-05%2014.35.26a.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
gorgeous - this is going to be possibly the nicest B I have ever seen!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
That's looking really nice, very clean. I really like that boot carpet.

Good luck with the windshield work.

John S.

Freshman Member
Stewart,
I hope this string hasn't died, but I am encouraged that after 10 years, you started it up again when is was time to start the second restoration. I'm very impressed with the work you've done and the choices you've made throughout these restorations. Now that I am finally restoring my own '71 Roadster that was my father's since it was new, I have a deep appreciation for the challenges and decisions you've faced, not to mention the costs involved. I was hoping you might post an updated photo of the car today. Also, could you provide some lessons learned on the windshield frame restoration, and who you used to do it, and perhaps what the cost roughly was?

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
It's in a bit of a pause right now Had to move it to my parents garage during the Thomas Fire where it still currently sits waiting. Left it there so I could fix my garage floor after some utility work and unfortunately badly injured my right ankle/foot in the process which cost me the summer. Didn't get the strength back in my right foot to drive my gt till late September. Was going to bring it back up but a remodel has started so I most likely wont be able to work on it till April. Plus I'm waiting on Hap to finish up the engine. Once I get the engine and the remodel finishes it should go pretty quick. Miss driving it.

John S.

Freshman Member
I'm sorry for the challenges you're facing, but glad you're still on the map and planning to finish the work on your B. Could you give me the details on what you did to the winshield frame and the approximate cost?

John S.

Freshman Member
Thanks! One last question, I promise: For those of us who are seeking to paint our cars grey, we know that it can be a frustrating endeavor indeed. The difference between greys is only evident when they are next to each other, and when you see one randomly, it always looks better than the one you thought you wanted to use. So when you see a grey finish like that which constituted your former paint job, it helps to know the paint code if you can get it. Do you happen to have the paint code for the previous "Titanium Grey Metallic" you used?