• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Need to sell my '56 TR3 restoration in progress

jwolff

Jedi Hopeful
Frame off restoration all work done by me, the car runs good. I can email photos and more information and will post an ad when I get a moment. Thinking $4500 OBO. Wife wants it out of the garage ASAP

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OP
J

jwolff

Jedi Hopeful
I will get back to everyone tomorrow with photos and description... I'm slammed today

Country flag
What can I say, I'm a sucker for British metal. I've been able to put several cars back on the road. Money is no good in the bank right now so might as well have some fun with what I have.

Marv

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Here is a few photos that Jason said was ok to Post.... IMG950123.jpgIMG950128.jpgIMG950130.jpg

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Why do I always have to be broke.

I agree with Marvin. I rolled over some ESOP stock into my 401k. This would have been a better investment.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Which garage does she wanted it out of? With all those garages you could play musical garage and she wouldn't know you still had it!

OP
J

jwolff

Jedi Hopeful
Here are some more photos: https://www.wolffillustration.info/myCars/1956TR3/index.html

I'm not sure I have any photos of the trunk area, but can take some tomorrow (friday).

The car is an early '56 (TS 10193 L) originally delivered to Norway, Red over red vynide with wire wheels. I replaced the "Lockheed" rear axle and front hubs with the integral wirewheel hubs with a "Girling" rear axle with 9" drums and in the front converted to disc brakes with TR6 rotors and Toyota 4-piston calipers. I still have the original wirewheel hubs and rear axle. I replaced the floors, sills, fabricated rear floor sections and had to patch a section of the trunk floor. Restored the gas tank, stripped and painted the frame, rebuilt the front suspension with polyurethane bushings and new shocks and cleaned and painted the rest. Replaced bushing in the rear suspension as well. Gas tank is installed and plumbed and car starts and runs fine. Brakes lines run for the most part except for lines to master cylinder and hoses. New clutch slave cylinder, clutch master cylinder is not installed and hard line not run. Rear drum shoes, etc. not installed yet but have all parts new. Interior is not original so would need an interior kit. I have a new steering horn/turn signal controller and other new parts. After stripping car and welding I primed with epoxy primer, and painted the engine bay, trunk, and cockpit area with single stage urethane (a medium blue somewhere around salvadore or winchester or cotswold). Title is clear but I haven't registered it in my name yet (previous owner signed it but left the new owner blank). I've owned the car for 2.5 years and am selling it due only to a separation with my wife. This was my dream car since I was a teenager, but I guess the dream will have to wait. Feel free to email me at jwolff3 at verizon dot net

OP
J

jwolff

Jedi Hopeful
one more thing, body work (filler work) is not complete as can be seen in the photos... I ran out of time before the weather got too cold so primed it as was to protect it. All rust was cut out with new sheet metal welded in. This car was being built as a driver.

OP
J

jwolff

Jedi Hopeful
there is a link to some photos and a friend posted 3 recent photos on the first page, I will post more tonight

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
What is the staus of the engine? Does it have an OD transmission?

edit: OK I see in the first post the car runs good.

OP
J

jwolff

Jedi Hopeful
Engine runs good, the car has a TR4 overdrive transmission. It also has side curtains, top (both used but seem straight), a new tonneau cover, a new overdrive switch, new seat rails, has all gauges although the temperature gauge cappilary tube has been cut. I'll post more as I think of it.