• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Morgans available in the United States

wkilleffer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hello all,
I'm curious as to which Morgan models are available for sale new in the US.
Seems like they had to scale back to selling only the Aero 8 here, which is an expensive car by any standard. It might have been the only one that could meet our safety and emissions standards.
Not that I'm going to be able to buy one, but their website was talking about how they had resumed production of the Plus 4, which I always thought was a neat car.
Thank you,

Bugeye58

Yoda
Click on the Isis Imports banner at the top of the page when it comes up. They are a Morgan importer, and also support this forum.
Jeff

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Tcherek, the daughter of Isis Imports owner, is also a member on the forum, if you can catch her, she could probably help ya out too.

William

Darth Vader
Didn't Morgan scale back to producing just the Aero 8 and one "traditional" Morgan model, with a four cylinder engine? Some sort of Plus Four roadster?

For years, the biggest issue with Morgans in the US wasn't safety, since they're capable of passing most European regs, but emissions (propane fuelled Plus Eights!)

-Wm.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
I was at the Morgan factory last month and toured the whole facility and the majority of all cars in the production stage at that point were LHD models heading to distributors here in the States. They were Aero 8s, Plus 4s and 4/4s with V8s, 4s and V6 powerplants.

catfood

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
...and the majority of all cars in the production stage at that point were LHD models heading to distributors here in the States.

[/ QUOTE ]

That will be around three cars then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
I didn't do a total count, but in various stages of construction to final fettling, there were a good two dozen cars there in LHD configuration that I saw.

tcherek

Hi,I just took a ride in the newest model Morgan to become available in the US, the V6 Roadster. It looks very similar to your traditionally styled Plus 8, and (whisper) once we found some empty highway we were doing 90 in seconds. (82 cars will be available to US buyers, starting at the end of '05.)

Best,

Tcherek

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AngliaGT Morgans - Anyone Heard From John Sheally lately? Other British Cars 13
PAUL161 New Morgans Other British Cars 2
F Propane Morgans Other British Cars 4
Boink Bentleys and Rolls' and Jags and Morgans... Spotted 4
MadMarx Morgans catched by Triumph - on Dunlop racing tire Triumph 2
eschneider More Morgans - new project Other British Cars 29
YankeeTR Great Show of Morgans at Road America Other British Cars 10
Simon TR4a Lawrencetune Morgans/Triumphs. Other British Cars 5
Editor_Reid New Edition of "Austin-Healey Quarterly" Available Austin Healey 1
T Datsun 5 speed potentially available from wrecker: Spridgets 0
S For Sale Bugeye wheels, steel with round holes set of 5 available Spridgets Classified 0
S For Sale Differentail gear sets available. Spridget, Morris Spridgets Classified 12
M TR2/3/3A HVDA Replacement Clutch Disc Available from Moss Triumph 10
R 100 Motor and Gearbox Available Austin Healey 2
T maybe a Datsun 210 5 speed available in Oakland? Spridgets 2
P Hoping someone has this measurement easily available. Austin Healey 3
oldbagpipe For Sale '69 TR6/TR250 Seats now available Triumph Classifieds 0
Editor_Reid AHCA Magazines Available Online Austin Healey 1
T TR2/3/3A Is there a Delrin bush available for the top of TR3 steering column instead of felt? Triumph 8
jackq Another building full of cars available. Other Cars 0
jnew >>> Austin-Healey Parts Lists for BN4-BN6, BN7-BT7, & BJ7-BJ8 Available Online Austin Healey 17
M TR4/4A Is there a world wide map of members available on this website? Triumph 9
Jim_Gruber Free Spridget Windscreen available - Dayton OH Spridgets 3
maxwedge5281 help.....one of my fav past-times is not available!!!! Austin Healey 11
L Wanted Any Available ?? TR6 tracks Triumph Classifieds 0
L At last 1:18. Scale 100S becoming available Austin Healey 2
Elva164 Trailer space/race support available for Sebring! Racing 0
G BN-1 Crossrod Needed but not available. Austin Healey 10
TR3driver TR4/4A New document available - TR4A Spare Parts Catalogue 2nd edition Triumph 5
Jim_Gruber BE Rear Tube Shock Brackets Available to Trade for BE Rear Lever Arm Bracket Spridgets 2
Brinkerhoff "Texas Cooler" fan available? Austin Healey 13
David Townsend Wedge Limited Edition Wedge Prints Available Triumph 0
Jim_Gruber 59 Bugeye - Barn Find available for sale in SW Ohio Austin Healey 0
Jim_Gruber 59 Bugeye - Barn Find available for sale in SW Ohio Spridgets 0
David Townsend Spridget Illustration Available Spridgets 4
David Townsend BJ8 Illustrations available Austin Healey 8
HealeyRick Chimp Car Available Again Austin Healey 0
David Townsend Gerry Coker Signature Now Available on 100M and 100S Collector's Edition Prints Austin Healey 3
CJD TR2/3/3A Available bushes Triumph 5
W Single Minator wheel available Spridgets 3
RickB Any fiberglass one piece fronts available used or cheap? Spridgets 15
DanLewis Two midgets available: '79 is free [no engine, trans], running '77 $1500 [NFI] Spridgets 1
DanLewis Treasure Trove of Spridget Parts available in S. California [NFI] Spridgets 0
S eBook Version of Anderson/Moment Restoration Guide Available Austin Healey 21
PatGalvin TR2/3/3A Late model TR3 Fuel Tank Straps available to a nice home Triumph 0
bighealeysource BJ8 owners- glove box locks available Austin Healey 13
TR3driver TR4/4A "Mad Marx" rear main seal for TR2-4A once again available Triumph 10
Lin Didn't realize ethanol had been available commercially for so long! Austin Healey 4
TR4nut Anyone have an STC plate available? Triumph 6
Brosky New "Trafficator" now available from Classic Tech Triumph 16