• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Gun metal gray EType spotted

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I was at Autozone to buy some oil for one of my (gag) GM cars and as I was loading the stuff in my car, up drove an absolutely beautiful gun metal gray (dark gray metallic) 1962 XKE Roadster. I remembered the guy from a car show I had entered a few years ago. He also had a Ferrari in that show. Seeing that car and hearing that wonderful growl from the exhaust really made me anxious to get my own EType back on the road!

Basil

DB6

Jedi Hopeful
Gun metal looks great on an e-type. THere is one nearby, first series coupe, dark red interior with gun metal body, it looks superb!

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
If I didn't want to keep my original Silver-Blue color, I would consider either GM Gray or Dark Blue as possible re-sprays. I have a poster in my garage of a dark blue E with tan interior and it is stunning! The dark blue color really sets off the wire wheels too!

Basil
iagree.gif

mdallaire

Check out the color of this E-Type.
Takes your breath away!
Mike
driving.gif

JOEL

Freshman Member
Hi Basil. It was nice to see you again. You have done a great job on the forum. I logged on and read about Jags and I'll be darned if I didnt read about myself. If someone would tell me how I would love to post a pic of my gun metal gray E Type and my Ferrari. Thanks

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JOEL:
Hi Basil. It was nice to see you again. You have done a great job on the forum. I logged on and read about Jags and I'll be darned if I didnt read about myself. If someone would tell me how I would love to post a pic of my gun metal gray E Type and my Ferrari. Thanks<hr></blockquote>

Hi Joel,
Glad to see you made it onto our humble forum! We would love to see a picture of your EType. To post a picture in a message is quite easy, but you must have the image residing on a server somewhere (like your own web page for example). Here is a link to my tutorial that explains how to place an image in your post:

Adding Pictures

If you don't have your picture on a web server somewhere, you can always add it to our forum "Member's Rides" gallery (you will find a link under the "Links" button as well in the top menu here). Then you can view your image in the gallery and, while viewing it, you can right-click your mouse and look at properties to see what the exact address (URL) is for your picture. Then, you can use that URL to post your picture in a message in the forum as per the instructions in the tutorial.

Hope this helps,
Basil

[ 09-25-2003: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JOEL:
Hi Basil. It was nice to see you again. You have done a great job on the forum. I logged on and read about Jags and I'll be darned if I didnt read about myself. If someone would tell me how I would love to post a pic of my gun metal gray E Type and my Ferrari. Thanks<hr></blockquote>
Hello Joel and welcome to this outstanding forum! You have an edge on the rest of us as you've actually met"Basil". Thanks for the confirmation of his exsisitence.
smile.gif
Looking forward to seeing your Jag on the members rides page.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
By the way Joel, I am in the middle of a complete restoration of my E. Here's a pic of my IRS which is nearly complete. You can see the car on the right.

irs2.jpg

JOEL

Freshman Member
Basil. That is about how mine looked when I finished the restoration in 85. Too bad they don't stay that way. I very, very, very, very seldom drive in any type of weather except dry. They just dont stay so clean and beautiful from road grime and stuff. Take lots of pictures of all your rebuild because once you start driving, and can't stand not to be, the cars get dirty and chipped. Very nice work. Joel

JOEL

Freshman Member
By the way I have built a rolling cart that the engin and tranny set on to roll it under the car. It makes it real easy to install the drivetrain. This tool is available to anybody who needs to use it. Joel

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Thanks, I will try to keep it as clean as possible, but I'm sure it is going to show wear and dirt after a while no matter how hard I try to keep it clean. I may well take you up on the offer to use the cart as I probably will want to do the engine/tranny install from below.

PS: You can't really tell, but instead of painting the IRS parts, I had most of it powder coated. The axels are done in a flat black while the cage and other "black" parts are glossy. Just need to finish my brake calipers now!

Basil

[ 09-25-2003: Message edited by: Basil ]</p>