• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB-GT Dunlop SP20 FE

WME

Freshman Member
Looking a new tires for my BGT, is there any experience with Dunlop SP20 FE? I think the tire (185 70R 14) looks more like a period radial than some of the others. Not a bad price either, but I don't want to sacrifice reliability and safety to save a few bucks.

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
I love mine! They also appear to be a smaller 185/70 than some other brands. They look very good on the car and wet and try traction is good. The side walls are different and you can mount with a smooth side out or a more patterned side out. just be sure all are mounted the same! Bob

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Is that you, Mark? You need to post more often! :cheers:

Mickey

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Mickey, I don't remember any bad reports on any Dunlop tires. I have them on my TF. Only thing I could say is, they are a bit harder than the Vredesteins I have on the 72 B. To me, the Vredesteins give a much better ride and grip the road better. If I had to do it again, I'd put Vredestein Sprints on the TF. Just my preference though. PJ

Quatracs on the B

Sprint series,

Flash_Harry

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I've had the Dunlop SP20 FE's from Tire Rack on our GT since 2008, and they suit me and the B just fine. Had Vredesteins on an Alvis TD21 we had, and they were good, but a lot more expensive - about 2 1/2 times the price.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I am not really up on tires, but i do know a good looking Bugeye when I see one. The photos of yours are very nice. Looks like a great car.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I am not really up on tires, but i do know a good looking Bugeye when I see one. The photos of yours are very nice. Looks like a great car.

If that is Mark the Sprite is gorgeous. As is the GT.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yep that's me Mickey, it was nice to see you in Townsend. I want a V6 :smile:

Not in that lovely '67!

But if you do decide to do one, I'm happy to lend a hand.

OP
WME

WME

Freshman Member
"One more thing.I am curious about your rear license plate. What is the significance of it."

The rear plate is actually my TN number on a Brit plate. TN law says you can display a tag on a Antique Vehicle that was "similar" to what it would have had in it's year of manufacture. I assumed that it was OK to have a British style plate, I can't say it is legal but I haven't had a problem in the 15 years that I have been doing it. I do carry the state issued Antique plate in the car just in case I get asked. I have a couple of friends that are doing it now without problems as well. I can't imagine that CA would let you do the same but I did see Leno in a car with a Brit plate. I think it was Steve McQueen's Jag D Type maybe?

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
If you look at my post titled "Filled My Bumper Holes" in spridgets you can see the sort of plate I had made with my Vin N0 on it and I put it on my front bumper. The rear has a correct Calif. license plate.
I had asimilar plate that said Bugeye on my 59 Bugeye and the cops never did anything. so far so good.