• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dr. Demento's monster

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Doc Frankenstein has nothing on me. Hubby has classifieds in his hand. And I quote: "'77 MGB, needs restoring, $1100. Why don't you call on it."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

Jaybird ,how about This one?

mark

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Jaybird ,how about This one?
mark

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark, I saw that one first thing today. Someone jumping on board to hawk their wares. Nice, very nice, ride, but more than a bit overpriced in my humble and inexperienced opinion. I did show it to dahubby, who said, "How much?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif Then said, "You're chitting me. Not unless you win the lottery." ((he didn't exactly say "NO," right?))

I could have two VERY nice B's for $20,000. Oh wait, for $20,000 I could have THREE...I already have one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

sure is pretty tho.......

mark

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
sure is pretty tho.......
mark

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do I get the feeling someone is baiting me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Okay, now I'm getting ganged up on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

Hey, I'd buy the car in a heartbeat, but it's overpriced. And the B is still getting acclimated here. I don't want to cause her any undue stress, you know, competition and all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

if that were mine i would ask more than that.ANd at that you would have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Show Room Floor condition. Very Very Pretty. No hardtop but i suppose i could surivive, considering the Twin webbers and exhaust. i bet she sounds Real Fine...

mark

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
If that car were yours Mark, you wouldn't sell her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I bet she purrs like a kitten. Bet she can move too. Bet I could get in BIG trouble behind her wheel.

Besides, I don't want a showroom car. I want a car I can put 1000 miles a month on! If I can't drive it, I don't want it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

yaa ...that poor car is ready to break down tomorrow, i wouldnt drive that to the dump.

mark

ya know not a single shot of the suspension or any mention of the shocks or brakes......i think in the very bottom pic of the set i see a rusty brake caliper.

mark

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I think a couple of ya are full of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I might consider that car, at say, $19,000 for a parts car for the B...

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...Besides, I don't want a showroom car. I want a car I can put 1000 miles a month on! If I can't drive it, I don't want it...

[/ QUOTE ]If you buy it you have my permission to drive it 1000 miles a month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PC.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
You guys are <font color="red">SO </font> picking on me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag