• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

DAD GETS HIS CAR [new link]

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Re: DAD GETS HIS CAR

That's possibly the most amazing thing I've ever heard or seen. What a great son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
well i gave my dad the cat on saturday at his surprise party and i think i may have cried more than he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great! Tho' I was confused when I read your original post. I would have cried too if my son gave me a cat! lol!

But tell me more, had your Dad been wanting a B? How long did it take to restore? How did you keep it secret?

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Re: DAD GETS HIS CAR

That is SO cool! I helped my dad find and fix his MG so I kinda know what it's like, but We worked on it togeather so I diden't get to suprise him with it. I hope you and your dad enjoy for years to come. Did I mention that's SO cool? I toast to your coolness. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
dtp75

dtp75

Freshman Member
the car took me 8 months to restore i bought it in august and installed the doorpanel on the passenger side the day i gave it to him.
he had a 62 when i was born and for financial reasons had to get rid of it. my father supported everything (no matter how stupid) i did and helped with with all of my cars and though he often talked of his MG unselfishlly never got another one. i have pics of the whole process but need time to sit down and scan them. they will be up soon.
thanks for the compliments

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I get socks and underwear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

And grief. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

What an unselfish offering. I commend you

Paul

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I have talked to you in the chatroom about this project, and I know how hard you have worked on this. I've been eagerly awaiting the pictures, and they were worth the wait. I salute you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

MgKid1974

WOW, I wish I had the funding to do for my dad. His dream car is an Austin Healey 3000. I have been planning on for his 60th or 65th bday to get him a Healey 3000. This is of course depending on college, job etc etc. It wont be cheap, but the look on his face when he sees it, priceless. Well anyway, if I could buy you a beer, I'd buy you 6, just for that. Cheers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I'm with Klutz on this one.....I'm e-mailing this link to my kids right away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

But anyway, a tip of my Bell Star to you, DTP!. A great job and wonderful pictures.
I often run into a nice, older fellow at car shows and Lime Rock, driving his Alpine. When he was a young man, he took his family to Hong Kong on an engineering assignment for several years. During his time there, be bought an Alpine, but had to sell it when he returned to the US. But he always talked about how he liked that Alpine to his family. So his kids surprised him with one when he retired. I bet your Dad will enjoy his too!

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
What a WONDERFUL thing to do!!
Been thinking of doing something similar...but, alas, never actually got around to it.
Same story with many a son and daughter I suppose.
Thumbs up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for taking the time and effort and spending the money in the most selfless way. KUDOS!

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Before any of you get any ideas...I already have first dibs at adopting him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Really a nice son thing to do...You should be proud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Bruce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
The gift you have given your father goes far beyond the car.It is merely a symbol of the loving bond shared between you. That love is very evident in the pictures.

lawguy

Jedi Knight
That's great!

My kids are 7, 5, 18 mos and T minus 6 weeks. If I start showing them this thread now and subtley hinting, think in 20 something years they'll be as caring and thoughtful?

Jack_Long

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
What a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do for your Dad. And the pictures show just how much it meant to him.

God bless both of you!

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing your work of love with all of us. What a wonderful inspiration!! Congratulations, kudos and thank you.

JACK

OP
dtp75

dtp75

Freshman Member
ive been having trouble getting onto the site gateway timeout or some computer crap like that.

thank you all for your resposes and compliments they are truly appreciated. i know that each of us could recieve the same from our childeren if we take the time to be the best parents we can.

Bruce as for the adoption youll have to wait until i selfishly build one for myself. and you better live someplace warm!!!!! LOL