• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

CSI screwed up their facts

68_sprite

Jedi Hopeful
In one of the segments of last night's CSI, they had found a trace of a rare paint chip at a crime scene. It was "Royal Crimson Metallic" from a 55-57 Austin Healy B-100.

Man, not only did they completely miss on the facts, they can't even spell. You just can't trust what you watch on the TV anymore.

MikeP

Jedi Knight
If they used an actual car they probably just made something up to match whatever color it was. Afterall, how many folks really would know what the car was much less the factory original colors.

OP
68_sprite

68_sprite

Jedi Hopeful
the funny thing is that they just referenced the car, had the "data" either on a website or on the evidence bag, but the car was never included in any of the shots.

smaceng

Jedi Knight
Country flag
As a Car guy, as you all are too, I can't stand the technical parts of My Cousin Vinny. The part that gets me is when the tire expert said the 1963 Pontiac Tempest used the same tires as the 1964 Buick Special. The Pontiac used 15" and the Special used 14". It was pure Hollywood!
Scott in CA

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Are you suggesting that Hollywood makes stuff up? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

casablancarenaultrick_thumb-300x226.jpg