• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Crystal Cove March 11 Lotus Meet

JRTurbo909

Freshman Member
Hi all,
We are planning a Lotus caravan and meet at Crystal Cove on the 11th of March. This message will be distributed to all the Lotus groups to try and get as big of a Lotus attendance as possible. Please pass this along to any Lotus owners that you know of so we can try to make this CC the best yet. Here are some times/places for our caravan from Los Angeles...

Meeting Point @ 5:15a
Best Buy (Pico and Sawtelle -not Sepulveda)
11301 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Line up on the southbound side of Sawtelle, north of Pico. Be there at 5:10a. Departure at 5:20a promptly.

Second Stop @ 5:35a
Rosecrans and the 405 (Corner of Rosecrans and Hindry Ave)
Use the Starbucks as a reference, but park on the southbound side (west side) of Hindry. We will come off the freeway at Rosecrans, make the left at the light, let anyone who is here get behind us, and get right back on the freeway. We should roll in here at about 5:30a and will be long gone by 5:40a

Third Stop @ 5:50a
Pacific Coast Highway @ Ximeno Ave (Just south of the BIG round about)
Lineup on the southbound side of PCH, just North of Ximeno Ave. We will jump off the 405 at Lakewood, and blow through here – so no stopping. Be there or be square. We should roll through here at 5:45a – 5:55a.

Destination @ 6:30a or earlier

Crystal Cove (on PCH Between Newport Coast Drive and the 133)
7955 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Newport Beach, CA 92657

If you can not meet us at any of these location, try to be at CC around 6:30am at the latest. Due to some policy changes, there will be NO LINEUP in the morning. Owners that want to display their cars in the main lot can drive right in when they arrive in the morning. To discourage people from showing up at 5, Starbuck's and Pacific Whey will push back their opening time to 7.

The lots will still be coned off to discourage "non-show" cars from entering the show area, and will be closed off when the lot is full, when pedestrian traffic makes it unsafe to enter the lot, or at 7:15, whichever comes first.

Also, just after CC, Sparco USA will be having a sale at their warehouse in Irvine. They will be selling over $400,000 worth of merchandise at 25-60% off and will be giving out free In-and Out burgers to the first 300 people there. We should head over there after the meet, since its not too far away. I will be there taking a lot of pics for the folks that will not be able to make it. I hope to see you all there. If you have any questions, then feel free to email me (shah.selbe@gmail.com). Post on this thread if you think that you can make it so we know how many to expect. Looks like March 11th is going to be quite an exiting Lotus-filled day...

Sparco.jpg

Shah

OP
J

JRTurbo909

Freshman Member
Unfortunately due to the prospect of thunderstorms, the turnout may not be what was expected. I have been receiving plenty of feedback and numerous Lotus owners do not intend to make it if its bad. I plan to wake for the drive and attend if its not coming down too hard. Unfortunately thunderstorms and 27 year old Lucas electronics do not sound like a good mix...

However, those that do attend are planning to park in this area. If this is your first time, it will make sense once you get there...

CC-Lineup-2.jpg

Shah