• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series bypass hazard switch

Run a jumper between the two green wires at the plug. I think it's the green ones - someone verify me.

OP
B

bruiner

Freshman Member
thanks,i'm trying to get signals working on my 78,when i bypass the hazard switch the signals light up on the dash and i get a clicking noise from the box on the passangers side,should there be two switches there?the round flasher unit doesn't seem to get any power.

Kimberly

Jedi Trainee
Make yourself an enlarged copy of the section of the wiring diagram that shows the turn signal circuit. For me I have found enlarging the drawing 150% makes it easier to read the color coding for the wires. To print I click current view in the print range when the printer dialog box opens.

After looking at the wiring diagram it will become obvious wich wires are the power inputs and wich wires are the power outputs.

are you running the original electronic ignition system?

OP
B

bruiner

Freshman Member
ok got signals working,connections where on wrong on relay switch,the only thing is when i turn on lights and then turn on passenger signal the lights will not flash on that side but they are fine on the drivers side.could this be a wire prob.or low voltage.cheers

Also, keep in mind, the side marker lights are just marker lights... they don't turn on and off with the signals... I made that mistake for a little while until I studied a wiring diagram.

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
I agree with Kimberly...sounds like bad grounds, but you should also check the flasher unit...a couple of bucks for a new one might help...or at least you will have a spare when you need it.

Bruce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Kimberly

Jedi Trainee
If everything is connected properly and the turn signals flash on one side then there is nothing wrong with the flasher. The power output of the flasher goes to the turn signal switch. It cannot only affect one side.

Also, the bulb sockets can get pretty nasty too... clean with a nice small wire brush, and lubricate with a nice dielectric grease.

Peter_Rogers

Jedi Hopeful
My DPO had disconnected the flasher unit, the hazard switch and so on. Now I hanaged to get the turns working on one side so what you are saying is that the reason the other side in not working is between the turn signal switch and the bulbs?

A volt meter, or even one of those cheap light probes would come in handy finding where the power is stopping.

Peter_Rogers

Jedi Hopeful
I have a mess of orphan bullet connectors in the engine compartment roughly above the dizzy so thats got to be a good place to start.

OP
B

bruiner

Freshman Member
thanks for all the info,got it working now,ground wire was off on front signal,still got some hair left.lol

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Back when I only had a couple of MG's (WOW! How long ago was that?) one of the things I incorporated into my maintenance was cleaning all the bullet connectors...each quarter I tackled a different part of the car - engine compartment one quarter, inside car another, under car/in trunk a third - never had electrical problems during those years!