• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series Britfest-Kim-Chas-etc.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Last year, I got a chance to meet “XJRPilot”…..missed speaking to “andyp” last year (and this year), but I saw Andy’s fabulous Ginetta this year.

Here’s a link with “XJRPilot” (and me) in ’02:

https://www.ccm.edu/engtech/britfest02.jpg

This year, I had the pleasure of meeting Chas and Kim…pretty sure there were more BCF people there too….next year (or Moss FallFest, ‘03) maybe we can all meet up somewhere.

Can’t say I handed out any BCF cards, but I did display my neat little CNC-ed “British Car Forum” plaque….and a few folks asked about it. A picture of it at this link:

https://www.ccm.edu/engtech/sprite_512.jpg

Here’s Kim and Chas in the upper photo, with me and Chas in the lower image (we are secure in our masculinity……that’s a “he-man” hug!)

bcf.jpg

For more pictures, go to “andyp”s excellent photos at the link below:

https://www.njhealey.com/BritFest2003/

Look for the wild MG Metro V-6 AWD racer, the Ginetta and even my Sprite (Kim’s MG is in there somewhere, too).

https://www.njhealey.com/BritFest2003/

Kim de B

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks, Nial! Nice photos. . . And I can't believe it's been more than a week since Britfest, and I haven't gotten around to posting OUR photos yet!

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Well, Kim, We are waiting to see your pics too!
I guess we will see them along with the Carlisle pictures??? I hope the rain passes before then...it is supposed to start tonight and end tomorow night and be cool until Sunday...good luck!

Bruce

Kim de B

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yeah, the weather looks pretty lousy for Carlisle. But I'll be there anyway. (Maybe it'll keep the crowds down, and better bargains at the vendors...)

I'll get around to posting pictures eventually, really I will!

John Staub

Hi Kem and all,

I've been in Chambersburg for a few days now...Not too much golf due to the liquid sunshine.

With the lousy weather reports, do you think they will continue with the Carlisle show? I'm not going to take the B up today (Friday), and am considering not taking it up Saturday, figuring the fairgrounds will be a bit of a mud pit and a good place to get stuck.

Whatcha think?

Regards,

John

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
John,

We haven't really had that much rain and are supposed to get about and inch today and 1/4 inch tonight...probably just enough to keep the crowds down and make the show more enjoyable. If you do go, be sure to take Chas and Kim some hot coffee...I am sure they will appreciate it.
violin.gif

Bruce

John Staub

Hi Bruce,

If I decide to take the B up Saturday, I may need someone to bring all of us some coffee
smile.gif

I checked the weather forecast before I left Florida last week and it looked really good. Not being too bright, I brought along plenty of warm weather clothing, but not too much along the line of sweatshirts, etc. Guess Sears really appreciates me travelling
smile.gif

Guess I'll go up Saturday even if I don't drive the B up....Hate to tow it all the way up here and not show it, but I really have to get a couple of leaks fixed for it to be a "rain" car.

See ya
cheers.gif

John

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
It is supposed to just be cloudy today now...maybe a scattered shower, but cool. Let me know if you need to borrow a sweatshirt or two...I gave Kim my phone numbers or I am on "the List" and live about a half hour away. I am going to go on Sunday and see what kind of deals the vendors have. Good luck!

Bruce
cheers.gif

John Staub

Hi Bruce,

Although I planned on going Sunday, I didn't make it. Woke up Sunday morning with a terrible headache, a fever, and the shakes. All non-alcohol induced, unfortunately. Must have just been a 24 hour bug.

I did get to meet Kim, Chas, David and George (from NAMGBR). Great group.

John