• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Before the Rollover

Bugeye58

Yoda
I found this today. It's before I renumbered it to 58, and rolled it!
Jeff

Attachments

• 9058.jpg
    9058.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 31

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I know they weight a ton but I always like the way Vega wheels looked. I ran them on my original Sprite racer in the mid-70s.
With the small studs and single-bearing rear hubs. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yesnod.gif
Ouch!

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Those are the wheels for the rains, Nial. I had just gotten the car home after I bought it from Craig Chima, and those were the wheels it came with. Changed to Panasports with the slicks.
Jeff

Hedgehog

Jedi Hopeful
Jeff, that was a Chima car? Let me guess, very well prepped and sorted for you when you got it.

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Yes, it was a Chima car. They bought it for his brother, and then decided to go in another direction.
It was a POS when I got it. I had stars in my eyes, and shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I was getting a lot of flak from some of the vintage guys about not having a car ready for the Meadowbrook Historics, when Craig offered me this one.
Guys like Rick Cook and David Jahimiak were hooting on me about racing at Sears Point the year before, and here I was, 12 miles from home with no car ready.
Ah, well. After I get it back on track, it'll be a great car.
My current car looks much like yours, and came out of Huffakers shop. This is the best I could do in the dark trailer.
Jeff

Attachments

• 9064.jpg
    9064.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 9065.jpg
    9065.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 29

Hedgehog

Jedi Hopeful
Jeff, Let me know when you're coming around the pond to race BHF or RA this next year. I'm hoping to be back on track this year, but time and resources will tell. I've been prodded for the last few years from Peter Caldwell to come play with the vintage guys in the VSCDA. I currently run with MC.

Later.

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Ya know, we here at Waterford tried to get something going with MC a couple of years ago, and it never happened. Blackhawk is just Waterford with straights! I love that track. I'll probably start running with VSCDA in a year or so. I finally told the SCCA to bag it.
RA is a killer track in a Sprite. I think I'd have to get rid of my 4.88 to run there. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Probably the 4.55 at BHF, and either a 4.22 or a 3.90 at RA.
I've still got the MC logbook for the Fiat, so maybe I could come and play at BHF with that.
You could always come down here and play for a weekend, too.
Jeff

Hedgehog

Jedi Hopeful
I'd love to come over and play. I've always wanted to run Grattan. I hear it's fun in the little cars. Nice thing is my new wife wants us to go to some different tracks as well.

BHF is a 4.55 rear track and my main track. I was running RA with a 4.22 with the FP car and 3.9 with the LPHP car. The last 3 times I've run RA I've come home needing some sort of engine work. But I love RA, especially in the fall when the leaves are a changing.

Later.

OP
B

Bugeye58

Yoda
Grattan is fun, but Waterford is the ultimate small bore track. 14 turns in a mile and a half.
We usually have a cookout on Saturday evening, and then hang around the firepit in the campgrounds.
I've currently got a 948 in the car, but if I do RA again, I'll drop in the 1275. Not exactly a limited prep motor, but close enough.

Here's a cople of links to a Miata video of Waterford.

https://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/fireball25f500/?action=view&current=Race6featurepart1-1.flv

https://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/fireball25f500/?action=view&current=Race6featurepart2.flv

Jeff