• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Beat me... Kick me...

Turn Two

Freshman Member
Update on wife's '79 B.

OK... it's always my choice to OVER-DO... But then... Anything worth doing is worth Over-Doing, right.

When I started bleeding the braking system, I did not like the look of a years worth of surface rust on the rotors... sooooooooo... I have now replaced the rotors, pads, bearings, and all the front suspension bushings. The bushing part was the bear! Holy crap, that's a job! At least it won't have to be re-done in my lifetime!

Is it possible to do one thing to a car? OR... does it always turn into a career? Rhetorical question from a 58-year-old car-nut!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Michael~
www.turn2art.com

[ 02-23-2004: Message edited by: Turn Two ]

[ 02-23-2004: Message edited by: Turn Two ]</p>

G

depends how much you are willing to ignore and proportional to how much arthritus you have.
Bob

Bret

Yoda
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Turn Two:
<<SNIP>>

Is it possible to do one thing to a car? OR... does it always turn into a career? Rhetorical question from a 58-year-old car-nut!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Michael~
<<SNIP>>
<hr></blockquote>

Apparently not. I too have been working on my 78B’s brakes & suspension (front & rear) off & on for a little over a month now. The rearend is basically finished except for the rear sway-bar bushings, with the entire front-end next after that. But between family, work and plain old procrastination on my part, the project continues to be put on hold and pushed back.

To date the fastest project I ever completed in a ridiculously short amount of time was when I installed the Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition & Coil upgrade. Total time was less than half a day and most of that was setting the timing & fine-tuning. Other than that noting has been a quick & simple little weekend project.

Ah, the fun of British Car Ownership.

cheers.gif

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Gee...I am glad I am not the only one who starts a project and is easily lead into major others. I started out to change the gaitors on the steering rack and brake hoses...now I am into suspension bushings and who knows what else under there???
confused.gif

I am further delayed by the deplorable condition of the front end and the thought that this is still a fun thing to do.

So, sometimes I sit and think...sometimes, I just sit
rolleyes.gif

Now, if I can find a good penetrating fluid to help get that supension apart...
mad.gif

Bruce

Bugeye58

Yoda
Yup, I know the feeling well. I started out to take some rust off the headlight buckets on my GT6, and throw a quick coat of paint on them. Before I knew it, the body was at the strippers, the frame was being sandblasted, and I was getting Christmas cards from The Roadster Factory.
Jeff

chris roop

Jedi Hopeful
That's a hard thread to follow! I'm lazy, so I buy wrecks that sport new stuff, like a fresh front suspension done in poly bushings; four bolts and the rack! Suspension done! (Well there was the paint, new brake parts, lube job, and new gaitors. Hmmm).

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: chris roop ]</p>