• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Autocross Classifications

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
OUr local LBC club is fortunate enough to run a couple of autocrosses and a speed run (kind of a back and forth with a couple cones set up at an old airbase) each year, we also have a competition award and classes for points, we are reviesing out points system we want it to be fair and competitive, if anyone is a similar situation has come up with a good solution please let me know, we are an all makes LBC club, we did have engine capacity classes, and I suggested we go a little more on performance than just engine size, and I think that is what we are going to do, but there are lots of ways to slice the pie.

We have something akin to SCCA classes from about 25 years ago with points for modifications that can bump you up in into modified classes, we usually have about 15 cars of various types, MGBs, TR7s, Spitfires, Sprites, occasional TR6 Big Healey, Jensen Healey, as well as some pretty seriously modified cars that run, included turbo and supercharged cars as well as cars with v-8 conversions and forced induction, and a nice old driver Sunbeam Tiger.

D

Deleted member 3577

The NASA rules are best...IMNSHO

Otherwise lightweight/"obsolete" cars get eviscerated by weight penalties or wicked classifications.

(I have to add 350 lbs to the Elva or race heads up w/ the Elise)

[angry face]

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
OK, I tracked them down, if they are the ones I was looking at they look pretty good, but a little too complex for our lighhearted group.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Dave beat me to it. The NASA system is a good model.

NASA uses a "points assessment system". Different modifications have different point vaules. If you get enough points, you move up a class (or more).

See part of the points system here:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Performance-Touring-rules.pdf

Also, for a different point of view, if you'd like to see how VRG separates it's vintage grids, you can look at the different "Groups" ~Here~

(This is for the upcoming Pittsburgh Vintage GP.....I'm listed in Group 4)