• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

At an Autocross Today

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There was also a '72 Midget,but the picture didn't take
in the camera.
001.JPG
003.JPG

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Cool, we have a 65 Corvair that routinely slaloms with our region in D Street Prepared. He won the race tire class yesterday. Unfortunately, we also invited Tropical Storm Claudette who poured on us all day. Most everyone actually enjoyed driving in the rain. We also have an old VW Beetle that runs D Mod. I've stopped running my TR3 and us the wife's 2013 mini Cooper S.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Nice! I recently stumbled across an autocross here in Alberta, but I was on the way to an automotive swap meet, actually it was happening right next to the swap meet, I only stayed for a few minutes, just took a couple of photos, also didn't have the right lens with me, my longest focal length was 24mm :rolleyes: Which is what I usually go with anyway...

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Agree, good sites are getting increasingly harder to find. We stopped using a dog/horse racing venue as they let the parking lot go to pot when the racing stopped. Our local sports stadium went up on rent and required fire rescue after they rented to the traveling Ferrari and Lambo group that got too many noise complaints. And, our local music amphitheater has been closed a couple years. We tried several airports, including military, but they didn't want to take a chance. Luckily, in our backyard is the 14 acre Barber Motorsports Park Proving Ground. During the week, it's used by the Porsche Track experience and Mercedes Brand Immersion training. We pit/grid on the right side and usually have several turns before entering the defined section. The white area on the far left is a concrete banked turn. The sealed black top on the hill far left is a 150X350' wet skid pad that we don't use. It's been fun to see how inventive our course designers can get. Our usual crowd is 65-90 cars with folks from MS, TN, GA and all over AL. Come join us sometime!
1624466942052.png

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice, Jim! I'm envious. We left western PA decades ago, long before the Pittsburgh Int'l facility was built, they schedule ten Autocross events a year along with training and other races, notably the annual Vintage event. We inherited the family home I grew up in about four miles from the track. If I'd stayed in the area the property would have been turned into an off-track support venue. As it is, we sold the property about a year ago and with luck some other folks have the same plan for it. There's some commercial construction going on now, I'd hate to see it become some sort of truck stop.