• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Roadster Factory Autocross pics [lots of LBCs]

PATR8

Jedi Knight
D

DougF

They got several pictures of my TR6. We were using it for traffic control and had caution tape tied to the front left wheel. It's mallard with a tan tonneau cover.
I've been helping with the auto cross and drag races for probably ten years.

T

Tinster

Re: The Roadster Factory Autocross pics [lots of L

Awesome photos!!

D

R6MGS

Yoda

Great pics...Thanks for sharing.
i've been meaning to try my hand at autox...Never got around to it yet...maybe next year...I happened to stumble upon one event this year and I stopped, but not wanting to make a fool of myself(I was driving the Caddy) I just watched. Guess I'd use one of the B's if I was to enter one

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight

I will be at an auto cross this week end. I am secure enough to say I am not very good at it but I really enjoy it. While I was gone some one started to run a rubber bumper "B". The vintage class keeps getting larger each year. There is an Alfa, a TR6, a couple of minis....
It is fun and easy, I highly recommend it

swift6

Yoda

Most autocrosses are very friendly and open to newcomers as they are always trying to get their sport to grow. Use the 'rookie card' heavily and you can get a lot of great tips from veterans. Afterall, they want you to improve and have fun so you will keep coming back. Autocross is one of the few automotive sports where there is great transparency and disemination of knowledge from veterans to beginners.

I just wish there were more in my area and that I could get to the ones we do have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight

We have two clubs in my area, one is very frinedly and one is very competitive. I compete in both but I enjoy the fun one much more because teh other one I often get the "you are intererring wiht our runs"

swift6

Yoda

That second club sure sounds like a club not interested in growth. When that attitude starts driving off people they will certainly be sorry. Your runs take what about three to five minutes per run including staging and exiting the course. Unless they have to rebuild the course every time you run from knocking over too many cones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Sounds like that second group could be full of prima donnas. Do the organizers say that or a particular group of the competitors?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight

The North Hills group is the fun group, lots of wives and girlfriends come to hang out, the other (not to be named) are a serious group, never even had a formal intro there. They will not share secrets (tire pressures are a big no no, do not ask even) If you run too well (I have never had to worry about that)they will ask for a second tech inspection to make sure you are not hiding something. Just very serious. not necessarily bad, just not allot of interaction between racers there.

swift6

Yoda

Wow, that's like the complete opposite of the autocrosses that I have been to. Bummer. The North Hills Group sounds like fun though.