• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Eric and I at Autocross

philman

Jedi Knight
Eejay and I at the Eugene Autocross event #1,We used the same number because we are in different classes. They placed me in E Prepared...Kind an unfair placement for me...

race1.jpg

Group44.jpg

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, how the heck did you do?

Side note, Phil, on your dash gauge pack. Do you have the piece that angles them toward you?

OP
philman

philman

Jedi Knight
no I didn't know there was such a thing. I angled the entire pod towards me.

It showered during my time in the grid, slowing down everybodys time. I did two runs with the wipers on.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hard to keep it in a straight line when the pad is wet :devilgrin:
Who makes the pod?

OP
philman

philman

Jedi Knight
I think I got it from Summit. The gauges are autometer 2" gauges.

eejay56

Jedi Warrior
DNK said:
Well, how the heck did you do?

I was 7 out of 8. My class is super competitive in that club and and they run really fast courses so I count on having my arse handed to me when I go down there. I had a great time though. I ran in the morning, got 5 runs and missed the rain. I think Phil and I were the only LBCs.

DanB

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Phil,

Tell me more about the TR7V8. Did you do the conversion? Is it listed over on BritishV8.org? I'll read about it over there if it is in the How it was done section.

Thanks,

Dan B.
S. Charleston, WV

1966 TR4AIRS EFI
1980 TR7 DHC

OP
philman

philman

Jedi Knight
Get Jon Wolfe's book "A Guide to Racing your Triumph TR7V8 (or TR7 or TR8)" about $20 from his website. Several US vendors will be happy to provide you with necessary components. Some of them hang out on the BCF.