• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey rally watch

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
4K for a wristwatch ............that's a full balanced and blueprinted motor rebuild , or a pair of aluminum wings , or a set of chrome wires with tires and new knock offs .
I will stick with my Tag Heuer for now :encouragement::encouragement:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
4K for a wristwatch ............that's a full balanced and blueprinted motor rebuild , or a pair of aluminum wings , or a set of chrome wires with tires and new knock offs .
I will stick with my Tag Heuer for now :encouragement::encouragement:

LOL, I bet a lot of us thought "What could I buy for the Healey with that kind of dough?"

OP
nevets

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Not on my shopping list either.
The back of the watch is very nice...

Attachments

• watch back.jpg
    watch back.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 154
Country flag
I actually have one with a white over green BJ8 in the box. My wife got it for me on Ebay for a quarter of the price. It is a very stunning watch (mine has the metal watch band) and accurate watch. At that price it is comparable to the Tag Heuer. I could have gotten a new set of wire wheels for that money. I love my wife.
TH

CanberraBJ8

Jedi Trainee
I also have one - just like the one in the above photo - with box and car in the same colours. It is very nice, and I enjoy wearing it. Particularly when driving the Healey. I love how they picked up the Moto Lita wheel holes in the strap. It has a lovely sound too - when the ratchets buzz as it winds :smile:

Hangtown Healey

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
My wife bought me one as a retirement gift. I like its looks, but if you don't wear it every day and don't have some sort of accessory winder, it is sort of a pain to reset the time and give it a few winds via the knob. Anyone know how I can find out what race track is depicted on the back of mine? The Beverly Hills dealer couldn't give a fig. I got the impression that F Constant were low class from her.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
. Anyone know how I can find out what race track is depicted on the back of mine? The Beverly Hills dealer couldn't give a fig. I got the impression that F Constant were low class from her.

Here's a site with outlines of racetracks that should be helpful: https://www.cartype.com/pages/3835/racetracks The world of watches is infected with "watch snobs". While $4k seems like a lot of money for a watch to most of us, it's in the lower tier of so-called "luxury watches." The high end watches feature things like in-house movements, fancy cases, etc. Frederique Constant has been in business for only about 20 years, compared to some of the long established companies that have been around for 100s of years. So probably to a snooty Beverly Hills dealer selling the really expensive watches it's a low-class watch. Personally I'm quite happy with my Rolex Submariner (copy by Invicta for $59 from Costco)

Hangtown Healey

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Rick,
I tried the web site, but don't see an exact match. It is a bit like Lime Rock. I thought since the watch is the Healey Challenge one, it would be an American or Canadian track.
Ken

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rick,
I tried the web site, but don't see an exact match. It is a bit like Lime Rock. I thought since the watch is the Healey Challenge one, it would be an American or Canadian track.
Ken

Can you post a picture of the back of the watch? Somebody should be able to figure it out. Sounds like the kind of mystery I like to work on.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OH MY Goodness I would not trade my Omega for one.

But a lot of us would not have known it existed if Nevets had not posted it on the forum.:applause:

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
My wonderful wife gave me a Tag Heuer LeMans edition, Steve McQueen's time piece, about 10 years ago. I love it, but don't wear nearly enough. My Swatch Slim line can really take the abuse I put it through and for $75.00 its good for 2-3 years.

So back to Steve McQueen, he was the "man's man" and he lived the rare life of a world famous actor while being a real life dirt bike ride'n, race car drive'n, beer-drink'n, sports car love'n cool guy....And he raced an Austin Healey at Sebring.

tag-heuer-steve-mcqueen.jpg

9251_wd.jpg

Attachments

• mcqueen-driver-licence-203x300.jpg
    mcqueen-driver-licence-203x300.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 137