• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Motorcycle Insurance

What are you folks paying? and with who? I am pricing liability for my new/old Triumph.

m

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
$126 year for my 78 750 Bonneville with State Farm. I have cars (TR with Hagerty) and house with them also. Took MSF safety course.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I'm with Geico. $125/year (I think) for the 07 Bonneville. Full coverage. Bike insurance is usually cheap stuff. I've had Dairlyland as well in the past, and Progressive too. All were reasonable. Basic liability should be quite cheap.

198686d

Jedi Trainee
I'm paying Geico $139 per year for full comerage (Liability, uninsured motorist, medical, comprehensive and collision, towing)with a $250 deductible for my 1968 BSA 44 Shooting Star.

I'm paying twice that for my 2005 Vespa ET4 to Progressive. Obviously, I'm switching to Geico when this coverage comes up for renewal.

Seems like theft can be a real issue and the coverage is quite reasonable for that.

dave in University City, MO

04 Mini Cooper S
05 Vespa ET4
68 BSA 441
61 AH BugEye Sprite
almost have 2010 Triumph T100

V

vagt6

I pay 128 per year for $300K liability and comprehensive coverage (no collison) on a Kawasaki 650. The bike's worth about $4,000.

If you have a good driving record and a "mature" rider, that's a very good premium IMHO.

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Never robbed a bank; no claims; no tickets; good credit history and Liberty mutual charged me about $1200/year for my stock 2007 Harley Road King. I had 500k liability, replacement collision (500 deductible) and bike value was 17k. This was in Louisiana. I moved to Georgia and the same insurance except 300K liability (higher was no available)with the same company went to $3600/year! I'm with progressive now @ $560/year (and they include $3.5k addons). I have 4 cars insured with Liberty Mutual 1still in Louisiana and 3 in GA. The car insurance is less expensive in GA but I am shopping now for a new company. Ive been with LM for over 18 years. Go figure. I know this is for Brit bikes; I just have purchased a Triumph yet.

V

vagt6

Vettedog, I'd say shop that insurance until you drop. Go online and get quotes, also hit your local yellow pages and try a couple of Independent Agents nearby.

Progressive has been good for me, I shop it every year and it's remained very competitive. I've also had Dairyland.

Those are mighty high premiums, but then, you've got a pricey bike. Maybe try lowering your collision/comprehensive deductibles to $500 or more. Don't reduce your liability coverage, it protects your family's assets and is critically important coverage.

Let us know . . .

R

RonMacPherson

Whatever policy you get, read it very, very carefully. Geico here in Hawaii let me get run into by a car, left me limping with left knee damage(had to sue for any recovery). They stated that if I had hit the car they would pay, but because the car hit me...... This was after I had switched from Progressive to Geico about 4 years earlier....