• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 TR6 Up-date: Pics!

R6MGS

Yoda
TR6 Update: Pics!

I've spent the better part of the last two months worth of weekends cleaning, repairing, and un-DPO-ing the 6. The paint came up pretty good(at least it's presentable for a driver) the interior cleaned up alright. I got the carbs tunned perfectly and it now runs like a top. Painted up a few things, and even got my short circuit fixed. I also soaked the u joints in penetrating oil and the 'clunk' has almost disappeared, i think I'll grease them some more this weekend and then take it for a nice long drive to work in the grease. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Enjoy: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

056_56.jpg

040_40.jpg

046_46.jpg

c4dc8a93.jpg

BTW: Anyone know why one picture is bigger than the rest?...They were all taken from the same camera, and uploaded to the same host(photobucket).

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Re: TR6 Update: Pics!

Looking sweet!!! What did you do to make the dash look so good, both the wood and vinyl?

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda

Thanks
Pledge, furniture treatment, the orange one(not sure the proper name) in the spray bottle (not aerosol). It gives a great non greasy shine, especially useful on cars with wood/vinyl dashboards....but it's doesn't last too long, so I usually only use it for shows, or taking pictures....Now that I think about it, I believe it was recommended by someone here?

MrPandy

Re: why one picture is bigger than the rest:
Well, it is the pic of the interior - maybe your car is bigger on the inside than on the outside! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
BTW: Anyone know why one picture is bigger than the rest?...They were all taken from the same camera, and uploaded to the same host(photobucket).

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of photo hosting sites will automatically re-size a photo once it reaches a certain file size. Could be that some of the photos busted that limit.

G

Looks good Zack, it appears the work you've put in over the last few weeks has paid off nicely.

I wish my paint looked half as good as that. I'd compound it yet again but there's just nothing left on the hood and decklid to compound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

bobh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Lookin good!
That's an interesting luggage rack. It's not the Amco style, but it fits well. I don't recall seeing one like that before.
Mine has a narrow, high rack. It's a similar style as yours but does not blend as well.

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior

Very nice TR. Like the wood dash with the camel with the brown exterior.

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda

Thanks for the kind words....I am still not too keen on the brown, but I added that white pinstripe(instead of the too thin gold one that was on it) and it kinda breaks up the brown a bit.
I am not sure where that luggage rack came from, maybe a canadian dealer install? It does fit pretty good but I prefer the other OEM luggage rack(the one that looks like a bigger version of the later MGB rack).

BTW: Kurtis, your probably right about the host site re-sizing....just not sure how I could have some pics larger than others, shouldn't they all be the same size to begin with?

tomshobby

Yoda

Pardon me if I am getting off topic with this, but.....

Microsoft has a great image resizer that is free. it is on their power toy page.
Microsoft Powertoys

When it is installed it comes up when you have the cursor on a photo and you right click. It will be in the popup box that appears.

It is real easy to use and you can make an image any size you want besides having smaller file sizes because of the special algorithm it uses.

Sorry again for wandering around.

G

Only the Brits would come up with a nice colour combo of brown-on-brown. Actually, you done good by bringing her up to a nice shine. Maybe you could call it Mocha-on-Cappuccino.

I think she is a keeper.

Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(I'll duck, Alec)

jerrybny

Jedi Knight

I'm probably dating myself but here goes. As Chico says
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING GOOD

Brosky

Great Pumpkin

I believe that it was actually...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING GOOD MAAAMA!!!

OP
R6MGS

R6MGS

Yoda

thanks again for the compliments, I guess the brown will grow on me, it's just gunna need time. When I got a silver Jag I hated that color as well, but i like it now...just takes some getting used to. But for now I am gunna have to be jealous of all you guys with white, red, french blue, and BRG paint.