Thread: dust extruder

Discussions of MG Sports Cars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dust extruder

Have come to fitting the dust extruder for the clutch and brake pedals on a right hand drive td. i cant quite see how it fits. Is it under the gearbox cover? Also the gearbox cover is very close to the clutch pedal it will cut into the extruder if fitted this way. can anyone give pictures of the completed installation of this area? Thanks saltiga

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Re: dust extruder

Saltiga - same problem here, until I discovered you have to disconnect the pedal linkage (under floor) to fit that cover. A friend took a short cut, and just cut the cover with a knife, slipped it down, then glued it back together.

Hope this helps.
    Tom M.
    Mac & Phyllis Take a Trip: http://nutmegflyer.com/trip-details-daily-updates/
    History: 1976 MGB, 1959 Triumph TR3A, 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190b, 1958 Rambler American.
    Current: 1953 MG TD27318.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NutmegCT View Post
    Saltiga - same problem here, until I discovered you have to disconnect the pedal linkage (under floor) to fit that cover. A friend took a short cut, and just cut the cover with a knife, slipped it down, then glued it back together.

Hope this helps.
    Tom M.
    Thanks Tom The fitting over the clutch and brake arms is no problem that's easy to do, When the exturer gets to the floor with the gearbox cover on ,the extruder fouls on the gearbox panel where it is belled out, I assume this bell outis for the starter spring, also this belled out section where it meets the floor is only about a 1/16 inch clearance between this and the clutch pedal arm . If i fitted the extruder under the G/box then the belled out secton will foul the extruder What I need is a picture to see what is wrong or how to modify This is a quite different from the left hand drive models. Saltiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NutmegCT View Post

Hope this helps.
    Tom M.
    Thanks Tom The fitting over the clutch and brake arms is no problem that's easy to do, When the exturer gets to the floor with the gearbox cover on ,the extruder fouls on the gearbox panel where it is belled out, I assume this bell outis for the starter spring, also this belled out section where it meets the floor is only about a 1/16 inch clearance between this and the clutch pedal arm . If i fitted the extruder under the G//box then the belled out secton will foul the extruder What I need is a picture to see what is wrong or how to modify This is a quite different from the left hand drive models. Saltiga

Blog Entries
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Saltiga - just out of curiosity, where did you get the dust excluder? I've never even seen a RHD TD, so I can't picture the problem. I'm assuming you have the excluder plate as well as the excluder itself.

Wondering if maybe your excluder wasn't made for the RHD model, or your gearbox housing isn't original?

Take a look at this video on installation of an excluder on a RHD model.

Of course, there's no gearbox cover ... but you can reach Doug directly at:

info@fromtheframeup.com
    Mac & Phyllis Take a Trip: http://nutmegflyer.com/trip-details-daily-updates/
    History: 1976 MGB, 1959 Triumph TR3A, 1960 Mercedes-Benz 190b, 1958 Rambler American.
    Current: 1953 MG TD27318.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nutmeg/Tom. I bought the exrtuder from Moss UK in the moss parts the same extruder is for both lh/rh cars. I do have the plate as well . the g/box cover may be the incorrect one although all the screw holes align up perfectly The video of fitting the extruder I have seen and found it easy to put the rudder over the pedal arms , no need for the sleeves If I knew how to add a picture I would but I cant work out how to. the pictures tell the story can any one help me out here! saltiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts