• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

you never know... I just bought a Bug Eye !

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
so 2 weeks ago I get a call from a friend who deals & rebuilds british cars... he just hauled an "in progress" 1960 BE project home & there are way to many spare/extra parts & he thought I should come & see if there is anything I could use on Midge before he sells the extra stuff off... last night he calls & says that it's a good night to come & that I should be ready to think about a new project...

Turns out he was thinking about rebuilding for his grandson, but seeing that his grandson is only 5 & he has a couple other projects on the go he wanted it to go to someone who knows Spridgets & will give it the proper home...

The body tub has new floor pans, rebuilt front inner sheet metal, rebuilt rear spring mounts, 2 front clips, 2 spare rear clips, 4 doors (2 with new lower skins), new rocker panels (actually 2 sets), new king pinned & bushed spindles from a disc brake midget, new rotors, new steering rack, rebuilt A-arms, 1275 motor & rib case tranny (plus 5 spare smooth case & 3 spare 948's), 5 rear ends, new side screens still in the shipping paper, original BMC hardtop, and boxes upon boxes of parts, ohh ya and a rotissarie that was made for the body tub, the previous owner had accumulated this collection over a 20 year span & the collection is a bit overwhelming.

Long story short I have made a deal for the entire lot & will hopefully be hauling the whole thing home next week... now I definetly will be building my storage sheds that I was planning on - my garage is going to be a disaster until then !

Stay tuned for pictures & as described above I will have many, many spare parts available, obviously I would like to give BCF's first opportunity's, once I go thru the collection a get one complete car & a few shared spares (for Midge & BE) I will be wanting to reduce the inventory... should only take me a few months to sort everything - ha ha

We LBC'rs must have a few loose screws in our heads, these things are addictive !

smaceng

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It was such a simple thing, just take a look, what is the risk? Ha. I started my BE last Nov. with a ready to hang parts body, and just now am on the last part of the engine build which is the carbs! Can it be done this year?
Scott in CA

bugimike

Yoda
Definitely some pix!! And keep us posted on the "extras"! :thumbsup:

Country flag
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "The <span style="font-weight: bold">$</span>ome A<span style="font-weight: bold">$$</span>embly Required Club"!? :laugh: I am a member too......LoL

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Jer,

What a cool find! Best Wishes with the Re-Build & spare parts selling.

Jer, I`m looking for a "TONNEAU COVER" for my `59 Bugeye. Color is un-important. Condition should be "NOT TORN" & I don`t care if the zipper works or not. I`m also looking for a "TACH DRIVE" in good working order. What do you have?

Thanx and Regards,

Russ

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Yo Russ, drop by sometime and check out the uber rare shorty
tonneau I have available for your BE. It needs the zipper repaired but otherwise it's in great shape. It may fit your needs. I'd use it but I just installed a long cover and I'd
have to make new attachment points and such to use the shorty.
I think they look way cool. You don't see them very often.

Here is a pic of it lying on top of my long cover.

Attachments

• 17964.jpg
    17964.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 477

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy Gundy,

That looks pretty neat & now I can see where I would need to "Poke" some mounting holes in the cockpit surround.

See Y`All on Sat.

Thanx, Russ

PS: By the way; My carrier now says next wk. for car delv!! "D_MN"!!

OP
Jer

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
John Moore said:
WOW! WE need pix!

I should have pix by wednesday evening :smile:... I have takin wednesday off to make the "haul"... can't wait !

Atrus

Jedi Warrior
Very cool, Jer!

Going to have 2 at the St Ignace show next year? :wink:

OP
Jer

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Atrus said:
Very cool, Jer!

Going to have 2 at the St Ignace show next year? :wink:

Ha, your funny Kevin ! not next year,or the year after, or the year... this Bugeye still needs some serious TLC ! but hopefully in the next 3-5 years I can have both there ;-)

OP
Jer

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
bugimike said:
Definitely some pix!! And keep us posted on the "extras"! :thumbsup:

Okay, I was at the barn loading up just after 9am today & I just closed the doors on my garage at 5 pm - the basket case Bugeye is home ! :smile:

Here are a few pics, once I get stuff sorted I will have some cleaner pics of the car, but you can see it hiding amongst the 7 trannys, 5 engines, etc. etc ha ha.

Attachments

• 18049.jpg
    18049.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 18050.jpg
    18050.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 18051.jpg
    18051.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 377

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
I hope I get such a load someday when I retire and move somewhere with elbow room. That's my retirement plan.

RickB

Yoda
Jer - Nice Haul!!!

That'll keep ya busy!!!!!!!!

Looks like you have nearly enough stuff to build a couple cars there...

:wink:

OP
Jer

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks, yep quite the haul - ya almost enough to build another think all thats missing is a main shell, have another set of doors, front & rear exterior clips etc...

Here is one shot of the car once it was off the trailer -not a great shot, but gives the idea... I'll have better ones once I get the other cars into my planned storage sheds & this one is on the rotissarie :smile:

Attachments

• 18060.jpg
    18060.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 335
OP
Jer

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
a fair question ! :smile:
I have 2 bonnets, one is complete & the one in the picture above the other owner had drilled all the spot welds out & separated the front clip to repair some of the panel edges & replace the joiner strip that was damaged, so I have the 2 fenders, lower grill surround & the center section shown in the picture, but it will have to be joined back together with new joiner strips... should make for an interesting task ( i have heard of it being done), of course I may just use the other clip, it looks salvageable, I'm not sure if the other owner started rebuilding the one clip & then found the other one or what transpired... all part of the mystery :smile:

Sopwith_Camel

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
ohhh im envious, I miss building shaggy. it looks in fairly good shape I found on YouTube a British show were a 22 year old girl got a Rust bucket one and and to weld up almost a new body.

cheery
steve