• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VICTORY is mine!!!

adam70

Jedi Hopeful
So I hefted the block into the back of the truck yesterday (I had half a day off) took it down to kragen and they let me use a pulley puller. it was a little confusing at first, but then we got something to block the hole of the crank, and she came right off. then I took the timing pullys off, and headed home. once I got home I was able to pull out the distributor shaft, the crank, the cam, and the tappets, and I also took off the oil filter adapter. so now I'm happy to say the the engine section is now 99.99% dismantled. this weekend I will probably finish wrapping up all the parts, and putting them safely in the crate, and get them ready for a prospective buyer. most of the external bolts will need to be replaced, simply because they are a tad rusty, and some are a little worn. obviously new hoses are in order, as all the old ones are junk. also new gaskets all around. I broke the plastic dipstick tube, when I removed the oil pan, but that is only a couple of bucks from VB. all in all the engine looks good on the inside. the cam was good. there was slight groves on the crank bearings, but the crank, was fine. the cam is good but the tappets have a few pits in them. I've seen better pistons, but its time they were cleaned up anyway.

OP
A

adam70

Jedi Hopeful
well, I gotta get the rest of the stuff out of the engine bay. the heater box, all the wires and cables, plus yank the transmission. then I am going to get the interior pulled. get the top off, as well as the windscreen. then I will have to build the body lift. I will also be draining the gas tank this weekend, and getting the rest of the fuel system pulled. but this weekend will start with the transmission, and hopefully I will be able to get the tank drained as well