• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rostyle rims and Michelin tires Q

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I posted this question elsewhere, but Keenan stole my thunder and I got three replies, none even close to my question. Here is the question and post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well.. The "Plan" is that my neighbor moves his boat out of storage today, so I can get the roadster out of the barn too, and bring it home.
The car has the original Rostyles on it with a mix of three different type tires, none keep-able.
When the P.O. of the GT abandoned it, he had brand new MICHELIN RAINFORCE Mx4 P185 75 14's put on it along with gaudy yellow mini-lites. When I bought the car, I had him transfer the tires back to the Rostyles. Even though the car sat for almost three years without moving, the tires kept their air. I took them to a tire shop in the fall and had them checked for balance. All four passed his inspection, not even any weather cracks.
So.. Can I just swap the four complete wheel and tires from the GT and put them on the '71? These tires look huge on the GT, but the size seems appropriate for the car. I have done some reading on these Michelin's, and they appear to get a good review. Has anyone ran on these before?

Thanks
Keeping my fingers crossed for bringing her home today.

Paul

To add, though. The neighbor was "Too Busy" this weekend to move his boat, so the owner of the barn is going to move it for him while he is enjoying his cottage this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bringing them both home in the morning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

The size on my car is 175/70-14. Those 185/75's are gonna be wider AND taller than normal anyway... but, Yes, they should just bolt right on to the other car.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ye, they'll fit right on with no problem...& I have a set of those on one of my GT's - they are absolutely great for a tourer..

I saw your question but was beginning to get upset again so had to leave....40-something posts about something so inane

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Good. At least I will have a starting point for this car. The GT won't need them for a while. I think it will be ignored for a few months. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
The guy at the tire shop could not believe the condition of these tires when I told him the story of them.

Paul

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
& don't forget to use https://www.theautoist.com/awakening_a_sleeping_b.htm as you bring her back to roadworthy status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. The roadster hasn't been really driven in over three years, when it was in Florida. I only had a couple weeks to give it a go over before putting it away, since it was getting cold and rainy.

Wish me luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hope there is no surprises.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
Hope there is no surprises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like Christmas & birthdays? There WILL be surprises!

LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif good one Tony!

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hope there is no surprises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like Christmas & birthdays? There WILL be surprises!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Christmas costs too much money, have to spend it with my Father's wife, Have 100 people drop in to our Open House every Christmas Eve.
Birthdays.. I get older with every one. My Wife gets older with every one. My son gets lazier and mouthier with every one, and my Daughter costs more and more for University every Birthday.

I hope I have better luck with the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<sigh> ahhh reality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
When I sent the DamDodge "down the road" I transferred the MX4's to Diesela. I wish they were still available. All I can think is they were "too good."