• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ROSTYLE HUBCAPS

Country flag
FINALLY, I bought a TR250 that I have been chasing for over 15 years. Just got home with it. Its been sitting in a shed for 25 years. Engine is stuck, I removed plugs and shot alot of penetrating oil in it. Figure a lost cause, will be rebuilding motor later. Body straight and very little rust. Floors good.

I posted ad to BCF classifieds for Rostyle hubcaps. The ones on the TR were missing. Anybody got some they want to sell. I'll take 1 to four until I get a set. Don't have to be perfect. PM me at mgruber921@aol.com so we don't tie the forum.

Thanks

Marv

D

DougF

You can also fill the cylinders full of kerosene to help break it free. Takes a little longer, but cheaper...well kinda.
Rostyles? Sorry, don't have any.

Mattryanmusic

Freshman Member
Are these what your looking for? I have a couple extra from my tr4A sitting in the garage.
IMG_1992.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hi, Marvin -

Congrats on the find and purchase! Looking forward to seeing it.

You might check with Jack Coffey, in the Nashville club. He may have some, or a line on where you might find 'em. He's also a good resource for info on the 250. Let me know if you need contact info.

Mickey

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Marv :savewave:

"CONGRATS" on the 250! :thumbsup: How many cars does this make that you now play with??

Regards, Russ :banana:

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Marvin:

Did you get what you needed? I've just picked up a set or original Silverstones, so I could sell you one of my Rostie sets.

B.

T

TRDejaVu

Back in the day, my TR5 had Rostyle trims and they kept coming off; normally in the middle of a high speed curve on a country road. Had to track them down in fields a couple of times. Needless to say, I didn't like them.

TR5_2_edited.jpg

Tosh

Jedi Trainee
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Back in the day, my TR5 had Rostyle trims and they kept coming off[/QUOTE]

Oh yea. They were famous for rattling too.
My '69 came with the rostyle rims (three tapered posts on each wheel) but no hubcaps.
Have since gone to alloy wheels.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
TRDejaVu said:
Back in the day, my TR5 had Rostyle trims and they kept coming off; normally in the middle of a high speed curve on a country road. Had to track them down in fields a couple of times. Needless to say, I didn't like them.

TR5_2_edited.jpg
Holy Cow!! look at that breadbox in the background! That makes my Scion XB look positivly aerodynamic!
(Nice TR5 BTW)
Geo. Thanks for the bit of trivia. I'll tuck that away with others like
SU= Skinners Union
MOWOG= MOrris WOsley Garages (or if you like Mowog was the name of the 800 pound gorilla employed by British Layland to tighten the crank pully bolts)

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Geo Hahn said:
A Brief History of Rostyle:

https://encycl.opentopia.com/term/Rostyle_wheel

Apparently the 'Ro' stood for Rubery Owen.

Indeed! I've often seen them referred to as ROstyle for that very reason. I must say that the ROstyle wheels always scream TR250 to me; though I was excited to find a set of Silverstones, I change with some sadness. :wink:

Mine rattle like noboby's business, but I've yet to throw one!

I thought MOWOG stood for Morris Wolsley MG.

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Thanks to all who have responded.

Mickey - I know Jack Coffey, thats a nice solid dark blue 250 he has. I got the 250 in Clarksville, I figure you know which one ( yellow).

Russ - Trying to get one of each model.

Frank - will Pm you about your Rostyles.

Bill S- let me see what Frank has and get back to you.

Again THANKS to ALL

Marv

T

TRDejaVu

Banjo said:
TR5_2_edited.jpg

Holy Cow!! look at that breadbox in the background! That makes my Scion XB look positivly aerodynamic!

Bedford van, I think. Also, we're parked next to a MK2 Cortina.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Marvin Gruber said:
Mickey - I know Jack Coffey, thats a nice solid dark blue 250 he has. I got the 250 in Clarksville, I figure you know which one ( yellow).

Marv

WHOA! You dog! I didn't even know there was one here! Any details for me? (Not that it matters NOW!)

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Mickey,

The TR sat at the top of the hill on Cumberland gap road, up from the big Chrysler Dealership. PO bought in 1971 from a serviceman stationed there in Clarksville. He drove it until 1983, parked it with clutch problems and never got back to it. I first saw it in 1992, wasn't for sell. Forgot about it until about 4 years ago, a friend of mine met the wife and contact was made. Its taken me that long to talk him out of it. I did promise that if I were to sell he would get first shot at buying back. He may have to wait a long time. Only thing missing are the ROstyles. Did I mention it is a factory O/D car.

Marvin

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Marv, congrats on getting the 250, I got a 250 project a couple of months ago, thought about the rostyles too, but discovered the car had later tr6 wheels on one side, so I would need wheels and hubs.

I beleive there is a set on E-bay if it hasn't ended yet, I decided they were too much, and got some alloy wheels and tires from discount tires direct, they have Konig Rewinds, look like panasports, for $119, free shipping, free mounting and balancing, and $100 off if you buy wheels and tires, couldn't resist.

Anyway keep posting, good to have someone out there in the same boat. I am cutting out the rusty bits right now, much more to do, Greg