• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Now THIS Would Be a Blast!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
it's CHARMING!

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Of course its neat.Its part of the ROOTES family
Sunbeam Rapier was the other badged car but virtually the same but had more racing history.

G

Odd. Car is on LI.
It has CA plates.
Phone number is for NJ.

Is there anywhere this car hasn't been!
Looks pretty though.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Oh, that's gonna go high!

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
My word, does that take me back! I had a '59 Minx saloon, which had some of the same mods.
The cylinder head has been replaced by the Sunbeam Rapier head - could be Alpine, too. Notice the unusual port arrangement EIEIIEIE vs the much more usual EIIEEIIE (or with siamezing). That means the camshaft's been replaced, too.
I did that to my Minx, but with the Rapier O/D gearbox and propshaft too.
It's also got a Sunbeam fascia, or partly so. Minxes didn't have rev-counters - there was a combination gauge (fuel, oil, water) but I see it has auxiliary gauges ahead of the steering wheel.
Pity it's an automatic! Still, it should command plenty of interest.
I wonder if the brakes and suspension have had due attention paid? I'd guess so, because the brake servo is non-standard, too.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
thegoodbeamer said:
Of course its neat.Its part of the ROOTES family
Sunbeam Rapier was the other badged car but virtually the same but had more racing history.

Not to mention Singer Vogue and Humber Sceptre badged variants on the Minx theme, and the Hillman Husky estate and Commer vans.
Rapiers were 2-door.
Sunbeam Alpine was very similar mechanically, too.