• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Milestone

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I bought my 2000 Mazda MX5 Miata new.

It turned 100,000 miles today (that's 160,000 km to you metric-types). Mostly original including the battery.

This "hairdresser's car" turned out to be the best car I've ever owned.....nothing else has even come close in terms of balance, practicality, cost and performance. It's got lots of laps around Lime Rock and the Pocono road courses as well as many miles on the NJ Turnpike.

I'm a big fan of the early, lightweight 1600 NA cars too (but not crazy about the barn-door headlights). Right now, if something happened to it, I'd buy a new NC model in a heartbeat.

DSC_0078.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Nial - great picture of a great car. Congrats on hitting 100K miles.

I got my 2000 Mazda Protege new, and by coincidence just hit 160K miles last week. Only regular maintenance and still running strong (altho' I've developed a "mystery loss of high end power") in the last couple weeks, after replacing the timing belt. Everything still works and looks pretty much like new.

I *think* your Miata and my Protege LX 1.6 have the same engine?

Tom

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Very well done!

Nice little cars, but I find them a bit cramped for my frame. Still, I'd have one if I didn't want the joys of classic car ownership.