• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lost part

griff

I spent hours today looking for 1/2 of a steering column clamp (PART# 102803) for my TR3A. The only thing that I can figure is it was accidentally thrown out. Or it was taken by the 5 foot snake that I found a skin from in my shop.

Does anyone by chance know where I can get one or if someone has one I would gladly purchase. I have many parts for TR3 frame/suspension if a trade is needed.

Thanks
Griff

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Griff,

Give this request a little time. Things are a bit slower now that the so called "summer" is upon us. If anyone can help and they usually can, they will get back to you.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Griff-

I'll check what I have, unfortunately all that stuff is offsite so it might be a day or two - but pm me if you get no immediate response.

Randy

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I'll trade you one for that 5 foot snakeskin ...

OP
G

griff

That sounds like a good trade but sorry, my wife made me toss it she was afraid that the snake might want back. Besides it had probably been behind one of my shelf units a good while and was kind of brittle.

I will keep an eye out for another though. We usually run across a snake or two each year out here in the country. I think I saw my first Coyote the other day(either that or the worlds largest fox)- Just got a glimpse as it headed into the woods behind my shop. I am beginning to find it necessary to make noise when going around behind the shop to turn on my compressor so that I do not sneak up on anything big enough to scare the crap out of me.

There have been many sightings of Black bear and Coyotes in the area of late.

Griff

OP
G

griff

Randy,

Thanks. I am not in a terrible hurry as I have just begun putting her back together. So, just let me know when you get a chance to look.

Griff

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
griff said:
so that I do not sneak up on anything big enough to scare the crap out of me.
Many years ago, I was walking the shoulder of I-10 in western Texas, looking at the highway instead of where I was walking. Through a comedy of errors, we had lost the whip from my CB radio antenna and I was hoping to spot it. Walking pretty fast too, as we still had to go find parts to fix my buddy's broken car (which was also on the shoulder of I-10). To top it off, we agreed that we had passed a sign "Next services 104 miles", but couldn't agree whether that was 40 miles ago, or 60 miles ago!

So, I didn't see the 4' Diamondback rattler that was sunning itself in the weeds. Somehow I managed to hook my toe under him, and kicked him a good 4 feet in the air! I don't know which of us was more surprised, but we both lit out in opposite directions.

Never did find that whip, either, but as it turned out the radio still worked without it (with somewhat reduced range).

PS, I'm open to other offers. I'm hoping to pull the engine & gearbox out of TS39781LO today, but I could take time to pull that clamp.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Griff-

Sorry but if I have it, its hidden somewhere deep - found all the brackets, but not the clamp setup for the column itself.

I'll keep looking, but you might want to cut that deal with Randall!

Randy

OP
G

griff

Randy,

Thanks for digging around. I am going to totally clean my shop tomorrow in hopes that I stumble across it but at this point very doubtful

RANDALL, The only things I have parts wise are TR3 and TR4 Frame and suspension items (pretty much complete but in varying degrees of quality from not worth much to very nice).So, unless you want an item from the above, just shoot me a line and price the clamp.

Thanks,

Griff

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Hey Griff, that was supposed to be a joke. Since the snakeskin is gone, I'll settle for the dirt on the best BBQ place in town, if I ever manage to make it back to your part of the country.

PM me your snail mail & I'll get one out soon.

OP
G

griff

Thanks Randall. I will PM you in just a few. For BBQ there are a couple local/family owned that are outstanding
1) In Youngsville, NC ther is Holden's BBQ
2) IN Louisburg, NC check out Johnny's. Johnnys does a classic car gathering on location one Saturday a month. I believe it is the 3rd SAT but you probably should give them a call to make sure they haven't changed it.

PM o the way.

Thanks again,
Griff