• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

lost boys

Country flag
lost boys

There are several of out regulars that have not been around for a while. Keoke, Gonzo, GregW, Aushum Healey, (yes, you did pop up the other day but not like you use to)Hangtown Healey to name a few others.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Re: lost boys

Hi Rich,
I'm here, just not posting as much. I've been avoiding my Healey the last several months. Just got back into it today as a matter of fact. Between what the body guy did to my car and my dad with advanced Alzheimer's, there isn't much joy in it for me right now. If you recall, my dad gave me the car a while back. It was my hope to get the car finished and take him for a ride in it. I think that door has been shut now. I'm a little worried about Keoke. I think it has been a couple months since he posted.

fordtrucks4ever

Jedi Trainee
Country flag

Keoke last posted Thanksgiving day.

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag

Hi Guys,

Maybe it has to do, that Keoke wrote almost a year ago: I lost my favorite cup holder after 56 years. With the past holidays I can Imagine things were maybe difficult for Keoke.

Harry

Country flag

hama61 said:
Hi Guys,

Maybe it has to do, that Keoke wrote almost a year ago: I lost my favorite cup holder after 56 years. With the past holidays I can Imagine things were maybe difficult for Keoke.

Harry
I had thought the same thing; I hope he realizes that we're all here to help (him) with what we can.

Basil

Administrator
Boss

FYI, when I saw this post I emailed Keoke and have learned that he is having some eye issues keeping him off the forum for the time being, but he said he will be back soon. :smile:

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag

Hi TH,

Nice of you to have concern for the "regulars".
Thanks for asking and thank you Basil for your report.
Greg, I wish you well with your efforts with your dad having advanced Alzheimer's. My father had Alzheimer's and I'm driving the same year Healey he drove for many years. I can relate. Best wishes.

I do check in here, but not as often as usual. Seems the topics that are posted, I don't have enough experience or knowledge to offer much input. And I've run out of McGuyer projects to share with the gang here :smile:

I will be posting about the carb situation I was having. I'm still working through it and now waiting to find out what my mileage is, after a couple tanks.

Happy New Year everyone.
Roger

TimK

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag

Yes, Greg .. my Dad had the same thing and his home-going was a blessing after a short stay in the "memory unit" of his retirement community. He also had a love of interesting cars starting with a 1955 MG TF, a Mini-Cooper S, a Corvair Monza Spyder, BMW 2002. All of which I got to drive. I took the TF to the party after my high-school graduation with my girlfriend at the time. It was a memorable evening.

John Loftus

Darth Vader

Hi TH and everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting. This was a tough year for business and my focus has been elsewhere. But I have been making small progress with the Healey and getting in some shorter drives as I work out the mechanical kinks and get the interior sorted out. Getting this car restored has taken lots of patience(and money)but hope to enjoy the car a lot more in 2010.

Greg .. sorry to hear about your dad. I'll give you a call.

I am glad to hear that Keoke is planning to be back soon. I'll try not to be such a stranger. Happy New Year to everyone!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag

TimK said:
He also had a love of interesting cars starting with a 1955 MG TF
Small world, my dad also had a TF. He tried to install a Judson supercharger on it but then the bonnet wouldn't close. He gave the charger to his brother who had a MGTC. Dad still won the family races though cuz he had done other things to the motor. [censored] his brother off to no end with that.