• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It is just one of those weeks

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I pulled the head off on my 8 a few weeks ago, decided it probably was the rings after the shop did a leak down test on the heads...

Called Woody and got the parts minus the rings which I had to call Ted for. SO my car is sitting in my garage heads off...

Saturday my daugter calls me from her mom's house because her Jetta is making a funny noise so she shut it down and I came, put it on the computer and it said miss fire on all cylinders.... off to the shop using AAA, but my membership expired 10 days ago so I resigned and it is off. I am sure it will be costly.

Son is home from VMI. We shared rides with a family a few miles away so I was taking them back and got stuck on 81 for 3 hours, did not get home last night until 3 am. Had an important meeting at 730 I could not meet so I got three hours of sleep.

Daughter is still off for Easter still can she was leaving for track(In my truck) she notice water dripping into the Triumph from the ceiling. She calls afer turning the water off in the house. I get home the water heater was toast, it not only broke, dripped in between the walls and soaked part of the new carpet in my daugters room..... but wait for it...

It leaked into my garage (basement type) and formed two small streams, on into the open top of my eight, the other into my headless engine. My engine is literally filled with water...

oh well , it was a beautiful day yesterday, was fun spending time with my son and his brother rats, even if stuck in traffic, on the way home alone I got to listen to Sirius Radio classics which made the time fly, my daughter was smart enough not to drive her car and smart enought to remember where the water shut off was to prevent anymore damage...

71MKIV

Jedi Warrior
:wall: :cryin: :sick: :crazy: :madder:

<sigh>

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
And I thought that I had a bad day today...........

Lord, please boot me in the ass the next time that I whine about something stupid and irrelevant........

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
darn!

Th' Major said:
was fun spending time with my son and his brother rats.

I lived with 8th TFW and a "Rat Pack" of dubious distinction back-when...

Somethin' akin to a <span style="font-style: italic">red</span> river, too.

:wink:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Major, don't waste your money on a lottery ticket this week.
Where was that Karma thread again?

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I don't know, I think you raised a very clever, savvy girl. For that alone, I would be very proud! I'm trying to instill some of those life lessons in my 11 year old, but she might be a little young, yet.....

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hang in there - and sounds like you have the right perspective. If no one died then it is all manageable...albeit still frustrating.

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I have lived with the motto that "no one got hurt, no onne is shootinng at us, no one is trying to blow us up, it is a good day"

My son is so oblivious he would have walked through the water and never noticed and then not remember where the shut off valve is or been able to figure out how to make it work, this is from a 3.78 GPA student. I love them both but they definately have different skill sets.