• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to get dead animal odor out of interior

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
A pair of pigs. It was raining juice inside the container when they cracked it open.

They started the cleanup by throwing away all soft materials, foam, cloth, etc. Then they went to work on the rest.

They never got the smell out but decided it was theoretically possible, just not worth the time and effort it would have taken.

PC.

G

Back in 1983 or so, I was working in a Chevy dealer where a then new Z-28 came in with the interior full of blood and gore. The engine knocked with spun rod bearings too. All of us could smell the stench inside the entire sevice department while the poor technician installed a new engine... but the car was sent out to a professional resto place and came back looking and smelling like new. Story was that the young man that owned the car was horse-playing and went through a sliding glass door and severed an artery in his upper arm/bicep area, and that he was losing so much blood so fast that the dad took the kiddo in the car as mom applied pressure with a bath towel... got the kid to the emergency room just in time according to the Dr...... at the expense of the engine.... sounds like the right plan to me! Here's the real kicker.... GM factory rep, having heard this tale, OK'd the engine under warranty!

Scott_Hower

Luke Skywalker
I have used a product called Zorbx with good success.

https://www.zorbx.com/newsite/about_zorbx.asp

If you want to try the cheap route, I have a distant relative (wife's side :smile: )that runs a skunk removal business. He extracts skunks from enclosed places, like under decks, or in dryer vents. He has been sprayed more times than I can count. He swears by Zorbx and Downy. Fabric softener acts as a surfactant and helps encapsulate the stink so it washes away. Mix it 50:50 in a sprayer bottle. With either product, you need to get it *in contact* with the goop that caused the odor.

You'd be surprised how much cash people will cough up to be rid of a trapped skunk and the associated smell :smile:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
All I can say about skunk smell is; I shot one that was living in the wood pile once. Notice I said once! I'll never do that again! Made me and my son sick as a dog and ruined a pickup load of wood. My wife wouldn't let us near the house until we threw our clothes away, washed down with tomato juice and took a bath outside in cold water. <span style="font-weight: bold">It was in January!</span> I even thought we would have to sleep in the barn that night! It took months for the smell to go away where the wood pile was. Never, Never again!!!!!!!
remoteImage-20.gif
rolleye0012.gif