• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Holy smoke - a PINK TR

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Don't remember a salmon color for the TR3's, but regardless, the certificate says "Pearl White"...

And the overspray is pretty much everywhere. :wink:

Anybody missing a couple cases of Pepto-Bismol?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Is that an orange color dash panel? and orange piping on the seats?

and salmon (a/k/a pink) brake reservoir and hydraulic unit?

eek

But - each to his own.

Tom

Darrell_Walker

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Was Mary Kay around in the 50s?

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Saw this on e-bay. WOW what a shame. Not just the pink color, but the lack of masking off even some of the parts. What kind of a car painter would do that?

newmexTR3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Loving the smaller replacement tach too.Who needs those big Smith's gauges anyway?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

TR6BobNF

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Saw this on e-bay. WOW what a shame. Not just the pink color, but the lack of masking off even some of the parts. What kind of a car painter would do that?

Uh Guys - I'm a TR6 driver and not educated on TR3's of any condition or color, but considering the "observable" condition and "assuming" that the frame and floors are as advertised, wouldn't this be an incredibly easy restoration compared to some of the wrecks that guys have hauled out of barns and spent years making into concours restorations? This Bud's for you guys! :cheers: The pink appears to be just a respray away back to the original Pearl White. Ditto with the orange dash. Detailing an engine compartment can be fun - ask me how I know. Even the seats look firm and would just need a nice new set of black covers. Isn't this car a great restoration project if it's at least as good as advertised and gotten at a good price or am I missing something here? I've seen a lot of restoration projects that had more significant issues than paint color and choice of instruments and interior trim. BTW, I love the look of TR3's and all TR's for that matter but I'm not following all the negatives on this car or are you guys just playing around with this one. Seriously, I'd really be interested in hearing more comments on this one.
Cheers,

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Anybody missing a couple cases of Pepto-Bismol?

I needed that much Pepto when I first saw it.
However there is a color like that for TR2s. There was one at the TRF Summer Party car show. Cant remember the name. When the wife wakes up I'll ask her. She might remember.

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
Those TR2s with that colour were "Geranium". They stopped that colour during the TR2 production because it made the TR look like it was for a hair-dresser. Many of the early TR2s were this colour but were re=sprayed by the new owner before he would drive one that colour in the Monte Carlo, the Alpine Rally or the Tulip Rally - very hard rallies throughout Europe in the early 50s.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Sometimes we take outward appearance way too seriously. Like, what difference does a car's paint color really make in the car itself? Funny how societies choose "guy colors" and "gal colors", etc.

Tom

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Uh Guys - I'm a TR6 driver and not educated on TR3's of any condition or color, but considering the "observable" condition and "assuming" that the frame and floors are as advertised, wouldn't this be an incredibly easy restoration compared to some of the wrecks that guys have hauled out of barns and spent years making into concours restorations?

Sure it would be easy...once you cut the fenders away from the apron!!! Most likely welded together and then bondo-ed over. Who knows how much of that kind of thinking went into the rest of that gem.

mt10flyer

Country flag
You couldn't even pull the engine without major cutting to remove that "customized" front end "treatment". I bet there is 50 to 60 lbs of bondo on that car.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
If I had a dollar for every time I saw a ghastly modified car that someone called "original", I'd have enough to buy that TR3 and restore it to our version of original.