• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cruising Music

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I just made a mixed tape (ok, really a playlist on my i-Pod) for cruising in Greeine. To keep it age-appropriate for the car, I selected hits from the late 1960s. Here's the run-down:

Age of Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In (5th Dimension)
Woodstock (CSN&Y)
White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane)
Sunshine Superman (Donovan)
Paint it Black (Stones)
Green Tamborine (Lemon Pipers)
I Can See for Miles (The Who)
I Feel Free (Cream)
The Golden Road (to Unlimited Devotion)(GD)
For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)
Eight Miles High (Byrds)
House of the Rising Son (Animals)
Sympathy for the Devil (Stones)
A Hazy Shade of Winter (Simon and Garfunkel)
Good Vibrations (Beach Boys)
L.A. Woman (Doors)
Somebody to Love (Jefferson Airplane)
White Room (Cream)
Let the Sunshine In (Reprise) (5th Dimension)

R

Randi

can you make me a cd? Randi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

OP
MadRiver

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Right on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

R

Randi

I've got plenty of CD's blank- want me to send one? Love the combo!! mailing address P.O. box 273, Abbeville, La., 70511-0273 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
MadRiver

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Not a duff one amongst them, I salute your musical tastes. I noticed nothing from the Beatles...........

[/ QUOTE ]

You're quite right. I'm a huge Beatles fan, but haven't taken the time to digitize any of my CDs -- this was stuff I already had the computer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif In the interests of full disclosure, I'm a huge Deadhead and Who fan, so I had to resist the temptation to load up on them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
any thing off Abby Road
Radar love (Golden Earring)
When the bullit hits the bone (Golden Earring)
China Grove (Doobie Bros.)
any BTO
Stuck in the misddle with you (Steelers Wheel)
Ramblin Man (Allman Bros.)
Barracuda (Heart)
Space truckin (Deep Purple)
Highway Star (Deep Purple)
Riders on the storm (Doors)
Slow Ride (Foghat)
Freeway Jam (Jeff Beck)

Oh SOOOO Many More!

R6MGS

Yoda
I love all the old stuf....In my LBC's with radios it's always just set on 1150 am...the oldies stations...The DJ is a friend of mine and a huge car nut(helps out at alot of the local cruises and advertises for all the car shows in the area as well).
In the modern cars I am startin to like some of the new country....Brooks and Dun, Kenny Chesney among others.

G

I only play one song......
music.jpg

Bill

(excuse the road grime, it's a driver)

CinneaghTR

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Awesome pipes!!

For me, nothing beats the "music" of the TRactor motor (or the GT6 straight six, or the...), but my ideal mix tape would include the music I listened to when I started driving in the late 1980s. I remember the first time I heard U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky" zooming down a country road at night in my GT6 when I was 16. Oh, the nostalgia... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Having said that, neither car has a radio installed now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

T

Tinster

Whoa now, ya missed a fairly majorly important driving
in my car tune .........

"When I'm drivin' in my car
And that man come on the radio
He's tellin' me more and more
About some useless information
Supposed to fire my imagination
I can't get no, oh no no no
Hey hey hey, that's what i say

I can't get no satisfaction
I can't get no satisfaction
'cause i try and i try and i try and i try
I can't get no, i can't get no"

d

swift6

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I only play one song......

Bill

(excuse the road grime, it's a driver)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill it looks like you blew someone out of their shoes! That or there was a lapse in your total cleanliness policy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

G

Our little mini car club took a Sunday run through the back roads of Cajun Country. After an afternoon of cruising through lots of curves and upshifting and downshifting, the fellow that followed me the whole afternoon, and listening to my pipes, went straight home and slapped his dog and kicked his wife.

They will make you want to do something rash.

Bill

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sorry the only music in the 3 is a rather loud muffler and resonator exhaust system, Sewing machine sound of solid tappets, a rather loud timing chain where the tensioner makes some contact with the chain, a distinct clicking sound when changing gears, and the sweet sound of the solenoid slamming home when the Over Drive is enagaged, then the sound of my neck cracking from the torque when I let out the clutch.

The Sky however has a seven speaker blow your ears out system and my first song of choice was and is The Low Rider-War, Allman Bros-Travlin Man, Canned Heat-Going to the Country, a crazy assortment of Hendrix including Angel and Machine Gun, Blue oyster cult-Don't fear the reaper and Seven Screamin Diz Busters, Steppenwolf-all of em that will fit, and something by Mountain of which I can never remember the name of but it calms the heart after listening to all that other stuff.

bunzil

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Good thread. But doesn't anyone see the irony of playing 60's music in an "analog car" through and iPod? Seems somewhat sacraligious no? It's a good list, but missing a key band of the period; equal or exceeding, no doubt, Jefferson Airplane - Creedance Clearwater Revival! I say add "I Put A Spell On You".

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Bill, that is some serious a--ed exhaust man! Sweeeeet!

Of course from the looks of the "gentle breeze fan" in the bottom left corner of your picture, I can see that you never push the limits. Just nice and easy....

Did the guy who lost the shoe stand in front of the fan when you turned it on? Blew that poor boy right outta his shoes!

G

[ QUOTE ]

Of course from the looks of the "gentle breeze fan" in the bottom left corner of your picture, I can see that you never push the limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use that fan to dry the engine bay out after a washing. First I prop it in the area of the engine, then I set it in the interior for a few hours to blow under the dash and through the eyeball vents to get to the scuttle. Works good.

Part of that OCD.

But as of late, I have been putting her away dirty. Shame.

Bill

R6MGS

Yoda
ahhh...I little dirt never hurt nothing....My wifes MGA looks like a pig sti most of the time....It seems that it rains almost every time she has to go out....My cars on the other hand MUST stay spotless.