• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

the sound of music "speaker placement"

gregw,im having a heck of a time posting picts.or anything else on your reitroduction of this thread,so ill try doing so by opening another.a7777

OP
A
gegw,still trying to post picts.

Attachments

• 189368-MVC-028S.JPG
    189368-MVC-028S.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 186
OP
A
front drivers side,all the speakers are "west marine" the first pict. of the rear are "jensen" i bought them for $12.00 at circuit city to experiment with,once i got the placement right i put the west marine types in, much better sound.

Attachments

• 189371-MVC-029S.JPG
    189371-MVC-029S.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 183
OP
A
gegw,hold on a sec. gadda pull my collar up its ketin kinda windy in here! "monsoon" there not computer speaks. are they? i cant judge the size of em from your pict.hay if they sound good use em,nice design,i think that unless one ops for a system that cost in the range of $500.00 plus, whatever we use will be a compromize,but ive been able to achieve a level of sound im very happy with especially for what i spent-brand new radio that came with a roof mount that fit perfectly under the heater box,come out of p.u.truck i bought for the snow, free.-rear spks.$57.99-front spks.$43.99. is it a "bose" super dooper? nah,is it a ""boom box blaster"? nah,does it hide away and reappear at the touch of a hidden button? nah.it just does a very acceptable job of reproducing any type of music.gregw,ya godda here it when i play jimmy hendix's tune "1983"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hey ya Anthony,
Looks like a clean installation, I like that you matched the interior on the speaker box. Glad you found a solution youā€™re happy with, definitely a challenge with these little cars. Yes, the Monsoons are for my work computer. Theyā€™re 4 Ā½ā€ x 7ā€ and a little less than Ā¾ā€ deep and sound great with the included sub (which I wouldnā€™t use in the car). Iā€™m not sure what the ohm or max watt rating is for them, so they might blow in more ways than one hooked up to a car stereo. Oh, what size are your rear speakers, 6 Ā½ā€?

OP
A
grgw,rears are 6.5 wide,and 2.5 deep,from face to magnet,hence the double thickness of 5/4 azdeck,they also have a 2" center mylar tweeter.4 ohms,160w/pair,come in white or black grills.thanks on the compl.on the material,i found a large piece behind the door panel when i was fussin with the window winder-upper stuff.did i mention there waterproof?.unless you dont care about those nice comp.speaks,id try and find out what thier rated at,or youll be drivin along listening to a favorite tune when all of a sudden youll think you got a cat scatching in each ear.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

OP
A
greg,found several sights that carry the "monsoon" comp speaks.allthought there favorably revewed i coldnt find a rating on them,i did find rates from 1w to 90w, most being in the 10-15w range.thatll rule out that 800w.amp i know you got hidded someplace! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hi Anthony,
Thanks for looking into wattage for me. I havenā€™t been ignoring you. The Monsoon website has been down for a while with a screen that says ā€œA new Monsoon is comingā€. I was hoping to get some real info from them. I also saw some other ribbon speakers that according to the manufacturer, the LFT-10 is the only planar speaker designed for a car. They have good press but there are 2 problems for me. First and most obvious is the $180/ea price tag. Second is they need 50W minimum to run. That means Iā€™d need an amp, so much for saving space. So Iā€™m in a holding pattern until the Monsoon site is back up and reveals whatā€™s in the wings. Iā€™d rather work on getting the motor running now anyway.

OP
A
gregw,got it!ya cant drive around in full moons if ya spend all the money just on the tunes,i think there makeing higher out put radio/cd players now that dont reguire a a seperate amp,those $180.00/each speakers must realy be something though.catch you on the flip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
gregw,got it!ya cant drive around in full moons if ya spend all the money just on the tunes,i think there makeing higher out put radio/cd players now that dont reguire a a seperate amp,those $180.00/each speakers must realy be something though.catch you on the flip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you practicin up on you poetry but he gonna get chu in the end.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

OP
A
[quote)

I see you practicin up on you poetry but he gonna get chu in the end.---Keoke- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif keoke,whatsupwitdad?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif the poet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

higgins

Country flag
Can anyone post me any pictures on where they have "hidden" their radio. I have a 100/6 BN4 Longbridge model which obviously doesn't have a middle console like the MKIII

regards-- Higgins /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

OP
A
higgins,doesnt the 106 have the same heater box as my bj7,if it does this would be the place to mount it, see atch.

Attachments

• 197687-MVC-001S.JPG
    197687-MVC-001S.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 79

higgins

Country flag
Hi, you're right but I've removed the heater box as most of the heating was missing anyway.
A such, I'm searching for an ideal place to instal the radio without it looking like it was just "placed" there. We're getting into esthetics now

OP
A
higgins,i understand your plight,a radio for these cars was an option and the under the heater box is were it was originaly mounted,my car came from the factory/dealer with an original a.m motorola unit,i just changed it to am/fm c.d. player,some owners have talked about mounting radios/amps etc. in the trunk/boot with a remote operating device,perhaps one of them will chime in here,there is a thread devoted to this topic you can "search" i believe its the same title "the sound of music" lots a good ideas and info. good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif