• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Corvette Crash -- lucky to be alive.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
https://www.thedailyworld.com/articles/2006/05/13/local_news/02news.txt

One of the nicest girls who is in the same daycare as my daughters (over the summer) was seriously injured in this nasty crash. EMTs thought she'd die, but she was released from the hospital today. Tough little girl!

Just shows that we need to be extra careful in our old cars, because there's always someone who isn't paying attention!!!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sad to hear of the accident - it's always harder when you know the people involved.Glad to hear she's OK,hope her Dad is also.
My Granddaughter was born at that hospital,also.

- Doug

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Mustang, Vette, Eclipse. If Mitsubishi had been importing cars in the 60's that'd sound like a Beach Boys song.
Hope everyone recovers and get the chance to wail that guy in the Eclipse.

G

Wow thats nasty, and scary to. My daughter has recently expressed an interest in me picking her up from her dance classes, school, and whatever else in the TR. She is close to being able to sit in the front seat without a booster (NJ law is 8 years old or 80lbs, whichever comes first) but I'm always thinking what would happen to her if someone ever hit us in that car. There's not much to a Triumph and if it were ever to get hit by some of these behemoth SUV's we'd get obliterated.

OP
S

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Scott,
NJ law allows any child to ride in the front seat of a two-seater, so technically, she could ride. I actually take one of my daughters in the front of my Corvette frequently -- sometimes the Miata.

I once took my older daughter in the TR3 for a 32 mile highway ride, and it freaked me out. Nothing to keep the car seat in other than one little seat belt...

I think I would feel better in a TR6 than I would a TR3, but I guess you just have to keep it to special occasions to limit the risk.

R6MGS

Yoda
I've always had my kids riding around in the cars since the time they could sit up.....I am not careless, but I never really thought about it. My wife drives her 61 MGA with no seat belts everywhere all summer, including picking up the kids. Compared to an MGA a B or TR6 feels modern and safe....and since until a year ago my DD was a 20 year old Camaro the C3 Vettes I had felt just as safe....I guess it's all prespective.

How many year were kids allowed to ride in the front of cars... without even seatbelt laws? How many of us died? I think the problem is more of a modern thing.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Kinda like bicycle helmets! Why do people think they've gotta put those funny things on their heads? How many times did I fall off a bike doing kid stuff - how many times did any of us fall off? And we're still around.

Yeah, I normally hurt my hands, wrists, legs, and knocked the wind out of myself falling off of bicycles... Never ever did hit my head. Granted any of the above hurts like heck... and you won't soon forget it, but that funky shaped piece of foam on your head isn't gonna stop any of it.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Bicycle helmets, speed bumps, & soccer are causing the next generation of kids to be softer than we were!

I've been noticing that more and more lately... And I'm a generation younger than you.

Yep... I don't see kids playing backyard Tackle football anymore where the clothsline is one goal, and the peach trees are the other goal... and at leat 5 out of the six are going home with more bruises and scrapes (without any crying whatsoever), and the sixth is known for always breaking his collarbone, but finishes the game anyway.

G

Nah, it's got nothing to do with my kids being softer than I am, anything like that. It has everything to do with the simple fact that people on the roads today just don't know how to drive, period. Sure, 20 years ago when I got my license there were inattentive drivers on the road, but just not to the degree that we're seeing today. When some soccer mom with a cell phone permanently plugged into her year, drinking her latte, typing on her PDA, and yelling at the kids in the back seat decides to plow her megabehemoth SUV into my TR6 I'd rather my kids not be there. I know I'm being stereotypical but take a look around on the roads today, the truth isn't very far from that. It's downright scary out there.

Plus, right now I've only got lap belts in the TR6 since the original three points were rotted away when I bought the car. I got a set of lap belts cheap and just threw them in, intending to eventually replace them with new three points, which hasn't happened yet. I've got to do that before I'll even think about letting my kid ride in it. When she no longer needs the booster seat I'm sure I'll let her ride in it when toodling around town on errands. I want her to get the experience of enjoying these cars as early as possible.