• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A A garage find TR3

boxofparts

Country flag
Back in the corner of this garage in SE Michigan I found this TR3 project. Looks to be a stalled restoration. Owner says it has been stored for 12-15yrs. Rebuit Big Bore engine , TR4 OD unit, leather seat kit and hard top are a few of the options. Lots of new spares in multiple boxes.

Best news is the garage happens to be mine.

Sad news is that its time to pass this on to another TR fan. I have an interested guy that wants to look at it this week.

This car by no means is matching numbers. It is a 61 by title but has a small mouth which I like. There were always plans to get it into primer to save if for a later in life project. I don't drive the MGB enough so I don't think the TR3 is something I need or want to devote time to. Any ideas on a starting point of value. I was thinking $6000???

Attachments

• 28450.jpg
    28450.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 433

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Seems about right to me. I paid less for my TR3 in similar condition, but it didn't have OD, wires, hard top or new leather. And values have gone up it seems since then.

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Does the motor turn....The body looks pretty good. Love the hardtop. I would say close if the body is sound and the motor spins. Just depends on who is ready to tackle the project and how much you have tied up into it....finding a good home for it would mean a lot to me, more than the money. I am a bit odd though.
List it in the classifieds under site links here<<<<<

OP
boxofparts

boxofparts

Country flag
I put a lot of work into this project.

Starting with frame and front suspension rebuild. New shocks and and springs front and rear.

New steel for floors and trunk , new rear valance, new front inner fenders, new R and L outer dog legs, new sills. All other parts were dipped and bad metal was cut away and replaced. Hard top has all its hardware and window looks good. Small mouth grill is missing the chome trim surround.

Engine is rebuilt an unfired with Big Bore kit from TRF. D Cam from Ted Schumaker. Drilled flywheel for TR6 clutch. TR4 4syncro OD unit. Rebuilt Carbs with new throttle shafts.

Moss Motors new glove box and Black with White piping leather seat kit. New seat springs. Seat pans are in great shape.

Other goodies.. New Brake line Kits, Fender chrome. Several Boxes of new parts with TRF tags on them.

The car need a good scrubbing and some final metal work before it is ready for primer and paint.

The wire wheels have seen better days.

By no means is it a matching numbers car but it would make a real solid driver.

OP
boxofparts

boxofparts

Country flag
My avatar is my Dad's 57 TR3 in the Michigan Snow. My Grandfather is the one in the picture. My plans were to rebuild that car.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
It sounds very nice, but the cold truth is that unfinished projects don't bring nearly as much as finished ones. That's no reflection on you or your work, just the way it is.

And you didn't answer the question about whether the motor turns. I have seen "rebuilt" engines that had the rings rust to the cylinder walls during storage (after the assembly lube dripped away).