• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bad Day at the Track for Someone.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
This crash happened at the Pocono last weekend when our club (EMRA) was there.

This DID NOT happen in our EMRA event, but in another event run on another part of the track by a club called "PDA" (Pocono often splits the track up and rents out sections to different clubs)

There was a lot of criticism about this video because the driver actually pulled off so that he could finish taping the crash.
The woman who was his instructor posted a noted on the Audi forum about how ticked off she was.
This video wouldn't play on my other computer but it runs fine on my laptop. I walked up and saw these cars afterward. The NSX looked totaled the the damage on the other cars was extreme.

https://videos.streetfire.net/video/D913F445-B773-42E8-B23C-5D7B82294422.htm

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Don't understand the pull off either, track was clear ahead. Thanks for the vid.

ooouuccchhh!

Matthew E. Herd

Jedi Warrior
My thought is that he was trying to avoid getting hit from behind. It also seemed like he was a bit new at the whole affair, given the off-track excursion at the beginning of the video. Can't say I'd do any better, but that's my impression! Better safe than sorry.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
My first thought was that maybe he was pulling off to render assistance.........that would, in my estimation, condone him pulling off like that. But just to finish taping? That's a no-no!

D

Deleted member 3577

I have never seen a parking lot next to a hot track.

What's up with that?

DesertSprite

Jedi Warrior
What a dirtbag (the driver). You could tell that the instructor was confused as to why he/she had stopped after a few moments. Then she gestures back towards the camera and begins to remove her safety equipment.

I too would be a bit angry if I were her.

Joel

racing girl

Jedi Knight
That is bad. Let's hope there was more to it than a morbid fascination... maybe he knew the bloke who went off?

I also agree with Elva, very odd to have those cars parked right next to a hot track like that... an accident waiting to happen.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
rather long is an understatement.... a person can spend an entire day going through all of that information. There seems to be at least 5 different discussions on this incident accross as many different message boards. And the driver of the car with the video camera doesn't understand what he's done wrong. And apparently the driver of the Evo that hit the cars in the staging area should have been pitted and not allowed to drive on the track long before the incident occurred (he'd spun at least twice earlier in the day).

definitely feel sorry for the owners of the G35 and the NSX... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
doesn't matter what generation he's from... all generations has their share of bone heads... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RobSelina

Jedi Warrior
is there another link for the video? I can't seem to get that one to work. Tried on 3 different machines now with no luck....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Gotta use a computer to view it, Rob, not an LBC! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
the video *is* broke... must have exceded bandwidth or the original poster of the video (the driver) removed it or something. I tried searching google video and came up with nada...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
..so an LBC is as good as a browser?!?!

...who'd a' thunk it.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
yeah sure... why not.. you can use it to browse for a new passenger... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif